McCain Wasn’t in a ‘Cone of Silence’

Discussion in 'Politics' started by bigdavediode, Aug 18, 2008.

1. ORLANDO, Fla. — Senator John McCain was not in a “cone of silence” on Saturday night while his rival, Senator Barack Obama, was being interviewed at the Saddleback Church in California.

Members of the McCain campaign staff, who flew here Sunday from California, said Mr. McCain was in his motorcade on the way to the church as Mr. Obama was being interviewed by the Rev. Rick Warren, the author of the best-selling book “The Purpose Driven Life.”

“The insinuation from the Obama campaign that John McCain, a former prisoner of war, cheated is outrageous,” Ms. Wallace said.

From the NYTimes:

http://tinyurl.com/592vrc

Yeah, McCain would never cheat -- just ask his first wife.

2. Mr. Warren started by asking Mr. McCain, “Now, my first question: Was the cone of silence comfortable that you were in just now?”

Mr. McCain deadpanned, “I was trying to hear through the wall.”

Interviewed Sunday on CNN, Mr. Warren seemed surprised to learn that Mr. McCain was not in the building during the Obama interview.

3. Biggest mistake Obama has made so far. :mad:

4. Well it's certainly up there -- he never should have taken the Republicans -- any Republicans -- at their word.

5. And the standard non-denial denial:

When asked if McCain overheard anything, Charlie Black, a McCain adviser who was with him at the time, told CNN: "We were in motorcade until 5:30 p.m. ET; then a holding room in another building with no TV."

http://tinyurl.com/5d8mjj

6. Arnie

Arnie

McCain was asked questions that Obama wasn't.

What was your point?:D

Why do you feel the need to defend Obamas poor performance?

7. No defense necessary -- McCain violated the agreed upon terms of the forum by not being in the "cone of silence."

8. Very few questions were different, and only towards the end. Bottom line is that the deal was not as presented and expected. I don't think you'd be as pleased if it had worked out the other way around.

I'm not suggesting that what happened was a major thing. It just wasn't a good and fair thing.

9. Obama broke his word about whether he would accept public financing of the election and democrats thought he was making a smart move. I can still hear them. "He has to take advantage of the access to big bucks he has".

Now, Mccain isn't in the cone of silence,[​IMG]and somehow liberals think this is a capital offense.

#10     Aug 18, 2008