McCain Volunteer Attacked and Mutiliated Herself

Discussion in 'Politics' started by james_bond_3rd, Oct 24, 2008.

1. Republican skinheads (or their equally Republican evangelical equivalents)?

If I could get over my revulsion of swastikas, I imagine that I could make good money offering "prison-quality" (crap) tattoo services to ET's sizeable Republican skinhead contingent. Judging by the P&R Forum, it would be a volume business.

#21     Oct 24, 2008
  2. kut2k2

kut2k2

My friend, you clearly underestimate the obsession with race in America. I'm not saying most Americans are racists, but most of us have race on the brain. Obama's edge would be much larger if he was White, and everybody knows it. Any American voter claiming to be "undecided" at this late stage is somebody who can't decide whether they want to vote in their economic interest (Obama) or whether they want to keep the Presidential line racially White (McCain). This is a crossroad for the USA, and I hope most of us have matured enough to make the right decision.

#22     Oct 24, 2008
  3. ak15

ak15

I would assume that in a broader sense they would have targeted the bible belt of the country which is vulnerable to such tactics and also by and large attempt to influence the blue collar community. The fact that Dubya had the pleasure to serve for two terms speaks volumes.

#23     Oct 24, 2008
  4. I agree with your observations and your sentiment, but I don't think the so-called "game changer" (non) incident would make any real difference. No one in his right mind would blame Obama for the alleged action of an isolated thug. Those who had no intention or voting for him anyway, would have one more excuse not to do so. Those who were planning to vote for him would see it for the non event that is was (actually wasn't). As for the "undecided," I'd like to think it wouldn't make a difference for them either. The undecided who can't bring themselves to vote for a black man probably aren't going to vote for him anyway. The thinking undecided hopefully won't be swayed by nonsense. Just my opinion.

#24     Oct 24, 2008
  5. ak15

ak15

Obama would not have necessarily been blamed per se. The fear and race card will be played. The surrogates would be fomenting hatred and fear by making statements such as "These incidents will become common place events in an Obama presidency". Not true, but don't underestimate the power of these individuals.
    You are already witnessing suggestive remarks by some nuts on this board in the event of a victory by Obama.

#25     Oct 24, 2008
  6. But I think such fear arguments would essentially be heard only by those racists who want to hear it anyway. And I doubt those people could be swayed otherwise regardless. Stated differently, they would be preaching to their own choir. The racist portion of the Republican party would be strengthening that portion of its own base perhaps, but I doubt they would actually expand it. More racists may come out of the closet, but I'd like to think it would not increase their voting number.

#26     Oct 24, 2008
  7. ak15

ak15

There are a lot of racists in the democratic echelon and for that matter in the independent faction and composition of the country not to mention the Republicans who may vote for Obama, all of whom I believe can be collectively swayed and influenced. You need only refer back to the primaries to witness for yourself the importance race played in the shaping of events as relating to dubious and shall I say now infamous tactics used by participants?

#27     Oct 24, 2008