McCain to GOP: Leave Abortion Alone

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AK Forty Seven, Nov 26, 2012.

1. http://news.yahoo.com/mccain-gop-leave-abortion-alone-114800304--politics.html

McCain to GOP: Leave Abortion Alone

Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., said on Sunday that the Republican Party needs to do a better job appealing to female voters, and part of that starts with how it communicates its stance on abortion.

“I can state my position on abortion,” McCain said on Fox News Sunday. “Other than that, leave the issue alone.”

Later, he added, “I'm proud of my pro-life position and record and if someone disagrees with me, I respect your views.”

McCain also said the GOP needs to reach out to Latino voters. To do so, he said, Republicans should champion immigration reform.

“I think we have to have a bigger tent,” he said.

2. They threw Romney under the bus.They are starting to throw Grover Norqeust under the bus and are ready to raise taxes.They are starting to support amnesty and now they are starting to run away from abortion.

GOP voters,your party is changing :)

3. Mercor

Mercor

"Leave slavery alone, it's God's will that people are property of other people.

-Slave Owner (Democrat) 1800's

4. Lucrum

Lucrum

:D

5. Lucrum

Lucrum

Well after they've abandoned all their principles and become democraps part deux. What website, you have no real interest in, will you go to to troll next?

6. exGOPer

exGOPer

As a member of the Reagan administration in 1981, Atwater gave an anonymous interview to political scientist Alexander P. Lamis. Part of the interview was printed in Lamis's book The Two-Party South, then reprinted in Southern Politics in the 1990s with Atwater's name revealed.The Nation magazine released the audio of the full interview.

"Atwater: As to the whole Southern strategy that Harry S. Dent, Sr. and others put together in 1968, opposition to the Voting Rights Act would have been a central part of keeping the South. Now [the new Southern Strategy of Ronald Reagan] doesn't have to do that. All you have to do to keep the South is for Reagan to run in place on the issues he's campaigned on since 1964 and that's fiscal conservatism, balancing the budget, cut taxes, you know, the whole cluster.

Questioner: But the fact is, isn't it, that Reagan does get to the Wallace voter and to the racist side of the Wallace voter by doing away with legal services, by cutting down on food stamps?

Atwater: You start out in 1954 by saying, "Nigger, nigger, nigger." By 1968 you can't say "nigger" — that hurts you. Backfires. So you say stuff like forced busing, states' rights and all that stuff. You're getting so abstract now [that] you're talking about cutting taxes, and all these things you're talking about are totally economic things and a byproduct of them is [that] blacks get hurt worse than whites. And subconsciously maybe that is part of it. I'm not saying that. But I'm saying that if it is getting that abstract, and that coded, that we are doing away with the racial problem one way or the other. You follow me — because obviously sitting around saying, "We want to cut this," is much more abstract than even the busing thing, and a hell of a lot more abstract than "Nigger, nigger."

Read more about the Republican Southern Strategy (which they still practice) here - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lee_Atwater

7. And which blew up in their faces so badly this time, that I don't think we will see that again for awhile.:D

8. Lucrum

Lucrum

9. jem

jem

The funny thing is that in my opinion McCain is the problem with the GOP. McCain and everyone of the sellout idiots who caves in on important principles.

You all miss out on this fact... Obama got fewer votes than in 2008.
    America did not reject anything but the fact Romney did not put a plan for the future on the table.

He tried to get by with bullshit.
    I am not sure how many more times i wanted to hear ryan say we want to eliminate loopholes but lower tax rates...

that was bullshit.
    We need to cut taxes and spending and here is how.
    Romney did not get elected because he needed to show us his 999 plan.

Establishment sell outs like McCain are why we lost the last two Presidential elections.

Republican establisment candidates... stand for nothing but Bush era failures. Essentially they stand for nothing... while democrats stand for free ice cream.

ice cream is better than nothing.

10. I hope your party keeps on with that free ice cream thing all the way thru 2014, see how that works for ya!

#10     Nov 27, 2012