McCain suspends campaign asks to delay debates

Discussion in 'Politics' started by bigdavediode, Sep 24, 2008.

1. Mercor

Mercor

By voting with Bush 90% of the time?[/QUOTE]

McCain was 35th out of 48 Republican senators in voting with Bush. Once you take out the New England crowd, Ron Paul, some other blue republicans that is pretty low.

#31     Sep 26, 2008
  2. Lucrum

Lucrum

No, I just want the other guy in the White House even less.

#32     Sep 26, 2008
  3. Lucrum

Lucrum

:confused:
    :confused:

#33     Sep 26, 2008
  4. That could be true, but unfortunately for McCain, he voted for all of the Bush White House's bloated budgets.

Then, and worst of all, he voted for Bush with respect to torture, after opposing the same policies.

Then you'll be happy to hear that he has both supported and opposed it.

"From Business Week:

" Both Presidential contenders have also said such an approach was needed. "I am calling for the creation of the Mortgage & Financial Institutions Trust—the MFI," Senator John McCain (R-Ariz.) said Sept. 18.

"Which is, for all intents and purposes, a bail out."

Then:

"According to MSNBC:

"John McCain said Friday the Federal Reserve needs to stop bailing out failed financial institutions."

#34     Sep 26, 2008

5. Well that's a fair comment -- and it should give you an idea of how much the Republican Senators have abdicated their responsibility to vote independently instead of just blanket voting for the party - when the vast majority voted over 90% of the time with Bush.

That's a perfect example of crippling the checks and balances which make up the system.

#35     Sep 26, 2008
  6. Because:

1) He's a Muslim and Muslim means bad

2) He's going to increase my taxes, despite http://obamataxcut.com showing that for most filers he'll reduce taxes

3) He graduated at the top of his class, while his opponent graduated at the bottom of his class.

4) Because he's "liberal" and the budget will increase, and so it makes sense to vote for the more fiscally conservative Republicans who just doubled the entire debt of the country in eight years.

5) He's black

#36     Sep 26, 2008