McCain suspends campaign asks to delay debates

Discussion in 'Politics' started by bigdavediode, Sep 24, 2008.

1. Obama doesn't need to be in DC. He will vote however Soros tells him to vote and no one listens to him anyway. McCain has made a career out of fighting government waste. If he signs on to the package, it will send a powerful message to other republicans. Basically, it's the difference in leadership and putting your campaign over the public interest.

#21     Sep 24, 2008
  2. I'm going to call the Waaahmbulance for McCain right now.

He has actually threatened to not show up to the debate if they don't call it off.

[​IMG]

#22     Sep 25, 2008
  3. ak15

ak15

The last thing needed in this messy bailout situation was the injection of presidential politics which thanks to McCain has become a fait accompli. The old man just a few days ago said that the fundamentals of the economy are strong and now there is such a crisis that he can't even run a TV commericial. What a display of putting country before self! So altruistic!

#23     Sep 25, 2008
  4. Lucrum

Lucrum

:D

#24     Sep 25, 2008
  5. :) By voting with Bush 90% of the time?

So if the package is blocked (by the Republicans) it indicates that McCain is no leader, using your theory of how things will turn out.

#25     Sep 25, 2008
  6. cuz69

cuz69

First: yes, I am old enough, and obviously you are too.
    Second: where in my post did I say he was cancelling the debate for country?
    You are my friend are the one who must be fooled, because you can't even interpret a post!

Now, What I said was this was one of the smartest moves he can make.(campaign wise: but since youare easily fooled ,I guess I have to spell it out for you!)
    Regardless of running for Pres or not... they are still US Senators, it is their job! Not being Pres. But I guess you think the election has happened already...BO won and he does not need to attend these meetings! Like he has missed so many others!!!
    They are both in it for personal gain, but again since you are the naive one and cannot see the "Forest Through The Trees" , I guess you wouldn't see it as a smart political move!

It took a phone call from Bush to get BO to Washington, yet McCain had already decided to go!

Now to quote you "Get that living in this country demands participation and involvement in these crucial issues!"

What the hell do you think McCain was trying to appear to accomplish? While BO is worring about camera makeup and stage lighting. It's just a show to him... just like that friggin Rock Concert they put on at the DNC... you lefts are all about flame and appearance .

Yes the debate should go provided that this situation is resloved, and if their presence is needed in DC than screw the debate! There will be others.

As far as everyone pitching in to do their part, I will discuss that with you in the Economic threads if you choose to!

#26     Sep 25, 2008
  7. cuz69

cuz69

#27     Sep 25, 2008
  8. cuz69

cuz69

Hold on a sec here Big Dave,

First off
    McCain sided with Bush on many issues, yes.
    But... and I emphasize "BUT" he did not support him on some crucial issues. So that is not a fair assement, if some of McCains votes were on meaningless votes anyway.

Second
    McCain has not publicly supported or opposed the "Bailout".
    And the average people that I see or speak with(who know nothing about Wall St. or trading)are adimantly opposed to the government helping "Wall St."

So if McCain opposes it or supports it with certain conditions, I think the average Joe will commend him for it... regardless of their political party.

#28     Sep 25, 2008
  9. McCain is such a pussy.

G_d, I underestimated the margin of his pussy.

#29     Sep 25, 2008
  10. Now that is ass-backwards thinking if ever I've heard it.

#30     Sep 26, 2008