McCain slams Putin in opinion piece for Pravda

Discussion in 'Politics' started by gwb-trading, Sep 19, 2013.

1. I will now back up my assertions as Tsing has requested.

1. "Has anyone noticed too, just how cool Obama has handled all this nonsense?"

Here I'm merely pointing out how well Obama has handled Putin's very obvious cheap shot he took in the NY Times article, twisting Obama's meaning of the word "exceptional".

The fact is everyone is exceptional at something.

America no doubt has exceptional values, as well as exceptional flaws.

Putin can twist the words of our president all he wants for his own political agenda, but at the end of the day, it was a cheap shot.

So what did Obama do about it?

He certainly didn't go flying off the handle and put out his own opinions to the press about Putin, which would only further weaken our relations with the Russian regime.

He's handled it about as well as it could be handled, I think, although I'd love to hear some alternative options from the shit slinging monkeys on here.

2. "Putin, like the flea that he is, jumped onto Obama's nutsack the moment he saw the opportunity."

Putin is very much like a flea on Obama's nutsack.

He is less known in the world, although he desires Obama's fame.

He is less popular, although he hates Obama for his popularity.

He is far less powerful, and wants much of what Obama has.

He simply saw an opportunity to take a nibble out Obama's nutsack by airing his bullshit opinion in the NY Times.

3. "Obama hasn't even flinched- instead he's got McCain down there chewing Putin out."

I'm not really sure this needs explained, or that I could make it anymore obvious than McCain has with his article.

I suppose I could say, that McCain has put Putin in his place about as accurately as it could be done. He's called him out for being a scumbag.

Had Obama done it, there would have been an uproar among the tea drinkers.

But who can blame Obama for McCain's actions? I'm sure a good many will still try.

I stand by my statement.

Putin tried to take a nutsack ride. Thankfully, McCain's down there grooming on our president.

#31     Sep 19, 2013
  2. Lucrum

Lucrum

You noticed that too huh. Rectum is here on ET to Troll PERIOD

#32     Sep 19, 2013
  3. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Ok, so you just elaborated on the aforementioned opinion with no informational sources to back it up or support your assertions. You are entitled to your opinion, no matter how far out it is.

#33     Sep 19, 2013
  4. McCain didn't write this oped to appeal to russians. He wrote it for his own ego stroking and to have a reason to go on the sunday talk shows, his main objective in life.

He thinks it makes him look macho and tough, all wrapped in red, white and blue. He 's like that crazy old uncle who keeps talking about his buddies from the war. Except that uncle is harmless and McCain is like a time bomb.

As George Will phrased it in a memorable put down of McCain, "For McCain, politics is always operatic, pitting people who agree with him against those who are "corrupt" or "betray the public's trust," two categories that seem to be exhaustive -- there are no other people. " http://articles.washingtonpost.com/...89473_1_mccain-feingold-john-mccain-chris-cox

I recall Will also describing McCain's political philosophy as "perpetual moral outrage."

His two priorities now are amnesty for illegals and going to war, anywhere any place, just somewhere. After all, as he usually mentions every 90 seconds, he came up with the idea of the "surge" in Iraq, as if adding to troop levels was some kind of feat of intellectual prowess that left bystanders gasping at his brilliance. He wanted war in Libya, he wants war in Syria, he wants war in Iran. He wants more war in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Since he votes with democrats ahlf the time anyway, the republican party ought to just revoke his membership, so that no one is confused into thinking that he actually speaks for the party. Kind of like people in russia being confused that he speaks for the US.

#34     Sep 19, 2013
  5. Lucrum

Lucrum

You got my vote for idea of the day.

#35     Sep 19, 2013
  6. Ricter

Ricter

Hmm, this news from the russkies gives me an idea for us... ('cause we should emulate the strong, proud, righteous russkies)

Vladimir Putin Might Seek 4th Presidential Term In 2018

By LYNN BERRY 09/19/13 03:17 PM ET EDT AP

"VALDAI, Russia — President Vladimir Putin said Thursday he may run for a fourth presidential term in 2018, confirming the expectations of most Russians and frustrating those now working to restore free elections in Russia.

"If Putin runs and wins, it would keep him in power for about a quarter century and make him the nation's longest-serving leader since Soviet dictator Josef Stalin.

"Putin has largely rolled back on Russia's post-Soviet democratic achievements, sidelining the opposition, reducing the Parliament to a rubber stamp and establishing tight control over the media. "

More >>

Yes by God that's what we need right here.

#36     Sep 19, 2013
  7. jem

jem

you must be kidding yourself if you think you are really are for the workers. The standard of living of the workers is getting killed and you are for four more years of

govt taxing away the earnings
    inflating away their standard of living
    taking away their rights

you are really for the big govt facists.

#37     Sep 19, 2013
  8. Come on, give the guy a break. Putin saw how the American media was on its collective knees for Obama and thought he deserved the same.

#38     Sep 19, 2013
  9. Thanks.

#39     Sep 19, 2013
  10. Thanks AAA.

This supports my assertion that Putin is trying to get a piece of what Obama has had all along.

Hence my metaphor that he is like a flea nibbling on Obama's nutsack.

He wants, and perhaps he got a very small piece, causing a bit of irritation to Obama.

It's notable though, how many on here admire Putin for his bullshit, but detest McCain for his honesty.

#40     Sep 19, 2013