McCain Says Congress Should Stop Giving Aid to GM, Allow It to Go Bankrupt

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by ASusilovic, Mar 8, 2009.

1. ipatent

ipatent

Maybe any company that gets bailout money should have its workers paid on the government worker GS schedule.

Including the banks.

#61     Mar 9, 2009
  2. The UAW needs to go.

#62     Mar 9, 2009
  3. TGregg

TGregg

4. I guess we'll have to agree that the government sucks and disagree about the GM issue. I still believe the effects of this economic crisis have brought GM to their knees quicker than it would have happened. Was is going to happen eventually? Absolutely! But is this the right time to make the necessary corrections? I don't think so. Cleaning out the garage is not paramount when the house is on fire.

#64     Mar 9, 2009
  5. I can't believe people still has dilutions about Ron Paul; he is a freaking tool, a distraction, and a sideshow, he can't even stand until elections; put his name on the voting ballot.

Once his republican buddy called, he just quit. What a freaking phony-baloney.

#65     Mar 9, 2009
  6. I was right about Ron Paul, he is quitting again, no surprise for me.

#66     Jun 9, 2012
  7. Problem we have is multifold. Primary is we have way too many greedy crooked f's making decisions for rest if us. Secondary is the mentality of quick solutions.

Putting GM out if business means putting out of business engineering firms, precision manufacturers and giving up intellectual lead to other countries. We're already doing this in alternative energy, greedy Fk retards rather drill more oil than make an investment in R&D. Greedy Fk's would rather shut down NASA and use that money to buy more bombs from military corporations which promise cushy retirements.

Solution is long term. First is tax the crook CEOs who offshore jobs and cut jobs locally so they can make billions from back dated options when stock price moves higher. Another major problem is the comatose voter who votes on basis of god, gays and guns instead of their pocktbook issues. Another are the unions and runaway govt beauracracy with cadillac benefits.

#67     Jun 9, 2012
  8. Current talk about GM is an election issue, only, to make Obama look bad.

We all know Obama can manage to ruin his own re election by himself.

This putz is going to sink the eight ball on the break and beat himself.

#68     Jun 9, 2012