McCain: 'Respect The Right Of Women To Make Choices'

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Free Thinker, Mar 19, 2012.

1. The churches, they should be under the same employment laws as every other employer in America.
    This is about the law and not religious freedom. The church doesn't have a right to chose which laws it wants to follow and which it doesn't.

#11     Mar 19, 2012
  2. Exactly.

#12     Mar 19, 2012
  3. Right, how basic is that. Do we want Jim Jones type cults to all of a sudden pop up everywhere declaring their own laws? Claiming they are churches? I don't think so.

c

#13     Mar 19, 2012
  4. So why if this is for the "religious liberty", Georgetown is approve of faculty and staff to have birth control coverage in their insurance, but is not approve for the students? Why? For me I think they want to control young people and they try to stop them from having sex. But that is really stupid because people will always have sex.

"Presently, Georgetown’s health plans provide contraceptive coverage for faculty members and staff, but they deny the very same coverage to most students."
    http://thinkprogress.org/justice/20...own-can-and-should-stick-up-for-sandra-fluke/

#14     Mar 19, 2012
  5. Do you want government telling religions what they can believe in and what their doctrines can be? Because this is pretty close to that. What kind of religious freedom do you have if you are forced to support and subsidize something you preach against?

And BTW, this isn't a law, it is an edict from the Secretary of HHS, who as governor of Kansas was an ardent supporter of the notorious partial birth abortionist, George Tiller.

#15     Mar 20, 2012
  6. The churches should follow the same laws and regulations as every other employer in America. Nobody is forcing them to do anything, if they don't like the rules they can stop hiring. I don't believe in everything the city, state and Feds make me do to run a business. But like every other legal business I follow the law and so should the churches.
    It's hard to comprehend how anyone can argue this. We all have to follow rules and regs no matter what we believe.

#16     Mar 20, 2012
  7. jem

jem

Would you all agree every employer has a right to not provide for drugs which kill baby seals? How about the People for the Ethical Treatment of Humans?

#17     Mar 20, 2012
  8. I'm not a wanna be professional online debate pro like you, but is this what is referred to as a strawman argument ?

#18     Mar 20, 2012
  9. jem

jem

Strawman?

Those are humans being killed and you advocate allowing the govt to force churches and people to provide the drugs which kill babies. This is seriously creepy orwellian shit.

Obama and his team of leftists are telling employers they must provide abortifacients.

I would fight this to the supreme court or close my fricken business before I provided drugs which killed human beings.

I wonder why the hell leftists get worked up about baby seals and fur and not baby humans?

#19     Mar 20, 2012
  10. abortifacients LOL , learn something new everyday.

I bet your a hoot at the prayer meetings on Wednesday nights.

#20     Mar 20, 2012