McCain: 'Respect The Right Of Women To Make Choices'

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Free Thinker, Mar 19, 2012.

1. But when host David Gregory asked McCain whether there is a "war on women" among Republicans, McCain said that Republicans needed to "get off" the issue of birth control and "respect the right of women to make choices."

"I think we have to fix that," he said. "There's a perception out there because of the way that this whole contraception issue played out … We need to get off of that issue. In my view, I think we ought to respect the right of women to make choices in their lives and make that clear and to get back onto what the American people really care about -- jobs and the economy."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/18/john-mccain-contraception-bill-arizona_n_1359515.html

2. McCain, a level headed GOP moderate. Doesn't play well with this bunch.

3. The problem with telling "republicans" to get off the issue of birth control is that none of them is on the issue of birth control. It hasn't been an issue at all. Name one prominent republican who has advocated somehow denying women birth control.

The issue was about forcing religious institutions, most notably the Catholic Church, to provide health coverage for things like abortion and contraception that they view as sins. Religious liberty is pretty hollow if churches are forced to provide the very things they preach against. Obama has tried to rephrase it as about access to birth control and thus an affront to women.

Of course, this is why the media love McCain. He is always more than obliging to throw other republicans under the bus, all the time basking in imagined moral superiority and self-righteous indignation.

4. Yeah, and I even think he was portrayed well in that stupid movie Game Change. I have always thought McCain was ok, but, as you say, he's overshadowed by the current crop of extremists, and Romney of course. Romney is Obama light, no pun intended.

c

5. AAA, DePaul, and several other catholic institutions purportedly do this already.

I have not accessed the original data, but to my understanding this is not a precedent.

6. They weren't forced to do it by the government. Big difference.

7. rew

rew

John McCain, a senile war monger. How anybody could vote for him is beyond my understanding.

8. Brass

Brass

[​IMG]

9. jem

jem

too bad that cartoon was SOPA and not about the leftists telling a church it had to provide drugs which kill babies to employees.

10. Anybody that knows anything about women really knows "it's about women getting the right to NOT make choices"

#10     Mar 19, 2012