McCain Picks Sarah Palin for VP

Discussion in 'Politics' started by brocklanders, Aug 29, 2008.

1. I think McCain and his campaign have done a great trick. With regards to the persona voters are facing to choose from now, it all gets much more complex and intricate. It is no longer a focus on issues, but much more a focus on the persons... and McCain sort of emulated the strength of the Obama camp.

It will be a really interesting election, and I think McCain will win, unless Obama is truly successful at pointing out the real issues and differences in how to resolve these with a different political approach.

#11     Aug 29, 2008
  2. This is a naive argument. The only thing that Sarah Palin and Hillary have in common is a vagina. Hardcore Hillary "PUMAs" are stupid but they are not *that* stupid. Palin's positions on women's issues are right-wing straight down the line. I think you can view this as McCain pandering to Hillary voters AT BEST.

#12     Aug 29, 2008
  3. Many people were waiting to see who McCain's VP pick would be because many think mccain will fall ill or die in office

Hello President Obama

#13     Aug 29, 2008
  4. cuz69

cuz69

You Got It!!

Barrack Who?

#14     Aug 29, 2008
  5. cuz69

cuz69

Not to mention all the Rep women who might not come out to vote......they might now!

#15     Aug 29, 2008
  6. MGJ

MGJ

Perhaps this is not an attempt to get women Democrats to vote for McCain.

Perhaps instead it is an attempt to keep women Republicans from crossing over to vote for Obama.

#16     Aug 29, 2008
  7. John McCain Just shoot his own foot.
    This man is our senile candidate.

I Can't believe this pick in war time.
    Im a Republican and I wont vote for McCain.

#17     Aug 29, 2008
  8. Listen to her...
    It is SO over for Obama

Hello Vice President Palin!

#18     Aug 29, 2008
  9. I think people may underestimate how many women will vote for the female candidate on that basis alone. Not the hard core far left pelosi types, but ordinary normal women who aren't that political.

On the other hand, McCain has kind of undermined the whole lack of experience issue, which I thought was his best issue.

#19     Aug 29, 2008
  10. cuz69

cuz69

Awesome speach !!
    They are in!............It's a lock!

#20     Aug 29, 2008