McCain: Obama has 'done well' as president so far

Discussion in 'Politics' started by JDL, Jun 21, 2009.

1. JDL

JDL

WASHINGTON - Sen. John McCain says his opponent in last year's presidential campaign, Barack Obama, has "done well" in his first five months in the White House.

The Arizona Republican says that using a legislative scorecard to judge the presidency so far, Obama has achieved all his legislative goals.

On the down side, McCain says that Obama's successes in Congress have come with little or no Republican support.

McCain also is critical of Obama for setting a date for closing the detainee facility at Guantanamo Bay without first developing a comprehensive plan for what to do with its prisoners.

And the Arizona senator says Obama should speak out more in support of protesters in Iran.

McCain appeared Sunday on CBS' "Face the Nation."

2. JDL

JDL

Mc Cain realy do have love for Obama :eek:

3. McCain is a good guy.If he would have stuck to the principles that made him McCain he would have been a better candidate imo.

4. Illum

Illum

McCain is an egomaniac douche. I'm sure he simply rates how Obama is doing by the polls. How could he compare himself with Regan and say Obama is doing a good job? Is the government the solution to our problems or is it the cause? Does he believe Freddie and Fannie's intrusion in the market was good or bad.

What the hell happened to Pragmatism. It made us stand out vs the garbage dreams of Europe. Who will bring reality back? Why are there so many pretenders in Washington, say one thing do another. His seat in the Senate is not in jeoopdy. He will die in that seat. I don't understand why he is so full of it. He has a personaility disorder.

There are two sides to this issue. And one doesn't have to be an augmentative idiot like Limbaugh to take the other side and stand firm being a gentleman. I'm simply saying McCain is not on the other side of the issue. He has no side but his own.

5. Sounds like that is what he has become. A self-promoter.

Getting old and senile like Specter.

6. JDL

JDL

McCaing lost his mind during the campaign

7. He had the misfortune of campaigning during a meltdown in

the financial markets and Bush certainly did not do anything to

further his cause.

Who knows, without that it may have been neck and neck.

8. Considering Obama's popularity in the polls, I don't think many politicians would criticize him too much. They wouldn't gain too much from that.

All said and done, Obama has been in office for only several months so lets wait a little more before we evaluate his work.

We all remember how America was when Bush entered office... and we all know how America was when Bush left office. :(

9. JDL

JDL

:eek:

10. Proven by his selection of the bimbo Palin.

#10     Jun 22, 2009