Mccain keeps sayin Us workers best in the world!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pavlov0032, Oct 7, 2008.

1. I was disappointed in Obama tonight but apparently the people that watched thought he did great. Of the polls I've seen, CNN and MSNBC, Obama won by solid margins. Most surprising was the 51%/46% in favor of Obama on handling Iraq and he scored very closely (lost narrowly) on the question of Handling Terrorism.

Obama seems to have won by wide margins in 'who won the debate'.

McCain surely blew it by offering to buy up 'bad mortgages'. Now he'll lose his base for sure. Bad night for MCCain, great night for America.

It's kind of painful watching McCain go down like this. I wouldn't vote for him but I have always respected him.

#21     Oct 8, 2008
  2. MKTrader

MKTrader

Obama is going to take clean, green energy sources, decades away from being productive (if they ever will be), and create
    5,000,000,000,000,032 new jobs in the energy sector.

He'll also cut taxes for 95%, spend a ton more on "the climate crisis," health care, education, welfare, etc...but also

Have a net spending cut!

If you don't understand all this, you obviously didn't go to the right Ivy League school.

FWIW, neither one are realistic at all about unfunded liabilities, energy or taxes/spending.

We'll all be living in Barakistan soon enough, though...and see how all the "hope," "dreams" and other junk pan out.

#22     Oct 8, 2008
  3. MKTrader

MKTrader

Well, having grown up in the 70s and 80s, we were spoiled, lazy, rotten, etc. for the most part....but look like West Point cadets compared to most of the kids I see now.

#23     Oct 8, 2008
  4. MKTrader

MKTrader

Well, as long as they aren't hard-core Islamo-nutjobs, that's who I'd rather see come to this country. When I turn on the nightly news, I rarely hear about Indian or Indonesian engineers robbing stores or getting involved in gang-related murders.

#24     Oct 8, 2008
  5. bkveen3

bkveen3

Fuck you. I'm working my ass off to get a college degree and I see some of the most intelligent people in the world at my school. More people are attending college today than ever before. Seeing the middle percentage of my high school going to college is what really encourages me. You can call us lazy all you want. The fact is that we will be the highest educated generation of Americans ever. If that doesn't spark innovation I don't know what will.

#25     Oct 8, 2008
  6. College degree = high school diplomas these days. That's the honest truth.

#26     Oct 8, 2008
  7. bkveen3

bkveen3

Then why is there such a gap between high school graduates earnings and college graduates earnings. The average graduate from my college earns 55k his first year. I don't know any high schools that can say the same.

#27     Oct 8, 2008
  8. poyayan

poyayan

Flame bait. Anyway, I will bite.

You want to point fingers.

Which generation get us into a hole of 10T deficit? Mortgage our future for your own amusement.

Who are the people whining about guarantee pension, medical benefit?

Who are the one asking for all these blow up programs of SS and medicare?

I for one say : let us go BK and start fresh. It is your mess, take care of it yourself.

Also, every benefit for young people is taken away from us in order to feed your generation's entitlement programs.

1) Skyrocket tuition fee
    2) Keep inflating home price. Save the housing market. All BS. Guess who will be the 1st time home buyer.
    3) Ask how much those young kids will make at GM/F/Chrysler and why there will be a 2 tier wage system?
    4) Who are the one dying in afgan and Iraq?
    5) Have us paying into the blackhole call SS and no option to opt out.

and you have the guts to point finger at the young generation? Please!!

Where I worked before, I have these 50s geezer complaining everyday about canceled defined retirement pension plan, retirement medical plan and lifetime employment. I just want to smack these fuckers upside on their head and say : you are talking to someone that don't have that to start with. So, shut the fuck up and do your job.

You want an example, look at the fucking difference between George Bush Sr. and Geroge Bush Jr.

So, go ahead and drop dead, we will do JUST FINE!

#28     Oct 8, 2008
  9. As a baby-boomer myself, I must say that poyayan has it pegged spot on.

The baby-boomer generation is the biggest bunch of cry-babies that our country has ever produced. We had everything we needed growing and now that's it's our time to pay the bills all we hear is Cut Taxes, Cut Taxes, Cut Taxes.

In my small town, the high school students are constantly having car wash, bake sales and plan begging with buckets on the town square to fund music, art or sports activities: we never had to do that crap. (And they shouldn't either).

I work with 20 & 30 year olds and they are just fine.

#29     Oct 8, 2008
  10. Listen my friend, my friend my friend, how phoney.

#30     Oct 8, 2008