McCain Endorses Obama Tax Plan

Discussion in 'Politics' started by BlindLemonBoosh, Oct 17, 2008.

1. "I cannot in good conscience support a tax cut in which so many of the benefits go to the most fortunate among us, at the expense of the middle-class Americans who most need tax relief." - John McCain, 5/26/01, arguing against Bush tax cuts

Well, at least he's been able to rid himself of that pesky conscience.

2. "I cannot in good conscience support a tax cut in which so many of the benefits go to the most fortunate among us, at the expense of the middle-class Americans who most need tax relief." - John McCain, 5/26/01, arguing against Bush tax cuts

"I voted against the (Bush) tax cuts because of the disproportional amount that went to the wealthiest Americans." - John McCain, 4/11/04

Today, John McCain derides Barack Obama's tax plan which will return the highest marginal tax to the level which existed prior to the Bush tax cuts. He says that this proposal would foster "class warfare".

Apparently, McCain sold out the middle class at the same time he sold his soul.

3. lol wow thats Obama's plan verbatim

4. kut2k2

kut2k2

Excellent find.

5. <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6F1IuoR-o24&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6F1IuoR-o24&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I love this one. Three times McCain was asked if he'd still vote against the Bush tax cuts. The silence, followed very quickly by a change of topic, was revealing.
    What are you ashamed of John?

Questions are at: 0:08, 1:02, 2:03
    'Bonus': an interesting comment about The Bridge to Nowhere @ 1:43

6. This is one of the reasons most republicans didn't want him as the candidate. It's one of the reasons real republicans are far more attracted to the Reaganesque Palin than McCain.