McCain Concedes Florida

Discussion in 'Politics' started by seneca_roman, Oct 6, 2008.

1. So evidently you and AK47 agree with arealpissedgoy that the Democrats Nancy Pelosi, Barney Frank, Christopher Dodd, Chuck Schumer, et al, did not want the bailout?

Gee, the way I recall it is the House Republicans voted against it, and the Democrats whined and cried about them not going along.

The way I recall it was that Bush and the Dems passed the bailout bill.

It seems to me if the Dems were against the bailout bill all they had to do was vote against it...they got the majority. They had the public behind them. All they had to do was vote against Bush.

yeah, you guys sure outreasoned me eh?

OldTrader

#31     Oct 7, 2008
  2. Intrade tends to lag the polls. The polls are showing Obama's lead evaporating.

#32     Oct 7, 2008
  3. Which ones?

According to The Rasumssen Report daily tracking poll:

"The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Tuesday shows Barack Obama attracting 52% of the vote while John McCain earns 44%. This is the second straight day that Obama has led by eight percentage points, his largest lead of the year. For the past twelve days, Obama’s support has ranged from 50% to 52% while McCain has been at 44% of 45% every day"

Intrade is now 70% Obama, up from earlier today; Iowa Futures Market is about the same; and the Gallop daily tracking poll states:

"Barack Obama has opened up a nine-point lead over John McCain, 51% to 42%, in the latest Gallup Poll Daily tracking. That matches Obama’s largest lead of the campaign to date."

Note the part that says "...largest lead of the campaign to date."

Seneca

#33     Oct 7, 2008
  4. Obama's "evaporating lead" at INTRADE is now at 76% up a bunch from before the debate.

Seneca

#34     Oct 8, 2008
  5. I don't get what he's trying to acheive with the 5,000 dollar tax credit towards health care. Is it going to be mandatorily provisioned to be spent on health care? If not then alot of people just might not spend it on that, which of course would be their own undoing but I've always believed that people have to be helped sometimes in spite of themselves.

And, will employers decide to undercover people using the excuse of the credit. That would not be enough, even without its being taxed, to pay for an entire yearlong plan should some employers decide to weasel out. Its more like 12000 dollars a year for a plan. What a weasel McCain is.

#35     Oct 8, 2008

6. close to 50% of the House republicans voted FOR the bailout.

Pelosi is a insipid half-witted rubber-stamping politician.

So far, she likes every bill Bush wanted.

Most in the democratic leadership are insipid half-wits.

Hand-wringing idiots.

So you have Republican crooks on one side, and hand wringing half-wits on the other side. Barney Frank being the exception. The fag is crooked AND an insipid half-wit.

Got some good governance going on there.

That's what you get for pandering to the 20th percentile voters on each side.

#36     Oct 9, 2008