McCabe is just one step short of being indicted

Discussion in 'Politics' started by TreeFrogTrader, Sep 12, 2019.

1. Tony Stark

Tony Stark

Trump must be switching to democrat.

upload_2019-9-14_15-13-13.png

Last edited: Sep 16, 2019
    #91     Sep 16, 2019
  2. UsualName

UsualName

I see you took a hiatus from your meds this weekend.

#92     Sep 16, 2019
  3. Okay, well, so here we are on the Nov 15 deadline in regard to McCabe so I checked a little.

And as I discussed in earlier posts, the media wrongly reported this as the judge allegedly saying that the government had until Nov 15 to decide to charge him. The court did not. It said that it had until Nov 15 to charge him or they were going to release some documents that McCabe was requesting in his various legal actions. They could always just not say whether they were or were not prosecuting him but release the documents because they had completed their investigation.

And that appears to be where we are. Most likely Barr wanted to keep the investigation related material in-house while Horowitz was working on things.

Bottom line, I think, unless I read up more, is that we are still looking to the Horowitz report for an indication of whether Andy is in deeper or not. Ironically, this Roger Stone thing does not help him because if Andy skates it fuels the fire of those who say the government goons skate but others get hammered.

We shall see. I might change my mind when I read more.

https://www.politico.com/news/2019/11/13/andrew-mccabe-justice-department-070527

Last edited: Nov 15, 2019
    #93     Nov 15, 2019
  4. Washington Examiner states that the DOJ's position is possibly a hint that Andy is not going to be prosecuted. So there is that.

I am not on board with that view, and will not be even if he is not prosecuted. I just believe that Barr does not want to be forced into releasing conclusions of Horowitz report piecemeal in advance when the whole report is coming by the end of the month.

The judge keeps reminding the justice department that the obstruction allegation with Andy is not all that complicated and that is true when viewed from the court's perspective. But from a prosecutorial perspective a prosecutor wants to have a lesser charge available that they can let the defendant plead to in exchange for dropping other charges. Not saying that is the case here, and not saying it isnt either.

We know Andy is guilty, and Horowitz thought it was likely too, otherwise he would not have referred him to the criminal division for investigation. But, in the end, this is DC. McCabe had a leading role in the attempt to overthrow the presidency. If he does not even get a charge on at least perjury then that is an injustice and threat to the country beyond comprehension.

I am not giving up the ship yet. Could go the other way too. Referrals on McCabe and Comey too. Better than sex.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2019/nov/13/justice-department-hints-it-may-not-prosecute-andr/

Last edited: Nov 15, 2019
    #94     Nov 15, 2019
  5. Tony Stark

Tony Stark

So he still hasn't gotten indicted?Got it.Brace yourself for a Horowitz let down,only Trumps people are going to jail

#95     Nov 15, 2019
    UsualName likes this.
  6. UsualName

UsualName

A judge chastised the DOJ saying their posture to prosecute McCabe was a rouse to delay the release of some information to McCabe (if I got that right).

Even worse DOJ tried to hide Horowitz’s findings from witness review which is totally ridiculous and caught major pushback from the internal career rank and file.

Then Trump was caught in animated discussion with Barr in the Oval Office yesterday when they were supposedly reviewing the findings after Barr met with Lindsey Graham.

Not a good week to be Bill Barr.

#96     Nov 15, 2019
    Tony Stark likes this.
  7. UsualName

UsualName

It’s hilarious.

#97     Nov 15, 2019
  8. Tony Stark

Tony Stark

Indeed Lol

#98     Nov 15, 2019
  9. No, and I covered that.

She set a deadline to balance the defendant's interests with the government's interest and that deadline arrived- that's all.

You are feeling good about it in a way that is encouraging to McCabe. Fine, McCabe needs all the support he can get right now. This is a stressful period for him. Maybe he will skate but this is not the signal that he will. You want it to be, and McCabe wants it to be - but it isn't- yet.

#99     Nov 15, 2019
  10. UsualName

UsualName

As I have always asked you, skate on what?

What exactly do you think he is guilty of?

You’re watching and reading too much right wing media and aren’t asking simple questions any reasonable person would. You’re killing your brain cells with this crap. You believe in things you don’t even understand.

#100     Nov 15, 2019