Mcafee

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by LEAPup, Aug 19, 2010.

1. S2007S

S2007S

Agree

I am still trying to understand what INTC will do with this company and how it can possibly grow intels bottom line. This is Intels biggest purchase in its company history and they go out and buy a security software company.

Mcafee stock has underperformed the overall market, stock was down about 25% since the beginning of 2010 and hasn't seen $47.00 a share since 1999.

Think INTC payed a little too much for MFE?

I do.

#11     Aug 20, 2010
  2. Gambitman

Gambitman

I am not a computer person at all so I don't really know what I am talking about, but there was an interesting article on the geeks to go website about this transaction. These are not finance people but computer people and they had kind of an interesting take on it. They attributed it to Moore's Law and the fact that Intel doesn't know what to do with all the transistors in their chips lol. They also said that Intel is rolling out quad core CPU's when most computers don't need one. They speculated that perhaps Intel may designate a Core to anitivirus protection, which will held them find uses for the every increasing capability of multi core processing.

#12     Aug 20, 2010
  3. Build A/V into cpu is interesting idea if it ever happens.

Which tech site is it?

Nowaday they have plenty of cash and have nowhere to invest, so must buy buy buy.

#13     Aug 20, 2010
  4. Gambitman

Gambitman