Mcafee

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by LEAPup, Aug 19, 2010.

1. LEAPup

LEAPup

MFE

Moving on up:)

2. Can't imagine why. Whenever I get a computer with McAfee installed, I remove it immediately.

I wouldn't have McAfee, Norton, nor Nero on any of my machines.... not that that has anything to do with a technical play on an issue...

3. LEAPup

LEAPup

M&A activity

Intel acquired them.

4. I knew that... my comment was rhetorical.

:D

5. LEAPup

LEAPup

Gotta say, I don't like their product either.

6. ptrjon

ptrjon

What do you do if you're a director of a huge company with plenty of cash that you can't invest well?

Distribute a dividend/return of capital to shareholders? Hell no! We overpay for an acquisition that makes the company bigger, yet less profitable! So in a year we can justify our 30% raises, since we're managing a bigger company!

INTC's directors are moving on up, shareholders moving down...

7. RedDuke

RedDuke

I have been using McAfee for over 4 years, no issues whatsoever.

8. Most people would rather have a virus than Mcafee.

Can't understand why co's pay HUGE money for existing mediocre product that could be reproduced for 1/10 the cost (or much less) from scratch.

9. As I read about <a href="http://www.socialnews.biz/tag/McAfee">McAfee</a>, I'm not sure how this lays the path for Intel entering consumer electronics. But it does mean that Intel is likely to buy more businesses soon. Who will be next?

10. schizo

schizo

Somebody help me connect the damn dots here. Intel makes semiconductor, McAfee makes antivirus apps. One is a hardware manufacturer, the other software. How is this seen as positive for either company? Obviously the morons that ran the MFE stock higher thought so. This is like a refrigerator company getting into ice cream business because, well, you can store ice cream in the freezer.

I s'pose AMD will now acquire Norton!

#10     Aug 19, 2010