mbtrading spot fx

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by milstar, Nov 17, 2005.

1. milstar

milstar

Dear Steve

1. Please give contact to person ,which responsible for
    MBT future and stock.
    Trading of spot FX also in each case related to future fx
    trading.
    2. About capital excess -after position in future and spot
    closed each day ,money can be transfered to stock
    account under SIPC protection ?

Author would very pleased for answer.

#21     Nov 20, 2005
  2. MBT-Steve

MBT-Steve Sponsor

Yes........that is quite a bit of excess. MBT is a direct access forex broker that does not operate a deal desk. We are an agency trading firm that gives direct access to bank pricing and does not trade against the customer. Because we don't trade against the customer our excess capital is significant.

#22     Nov 20, 2005
  3. Just recently closed my MB accounts, after about 2 years. I did not trade FX there, only stocks and futures. From my trading standpoint, the lack of a DOM ladder was a major drawback. Compared to platforms using DOM order entry, Navigator is slow and clunky. That is not to be confused with order execution. Personally, I had no issues with fills... I'm referring to the mechanics of placing orders.

But the decision to transfer out came about due to MB's recent arrangement with 4xMadeEasy. I have first-hand experience w/users of that ware. My cousin spent(wasted) 4K on 4xMadeEasy against my advise, and so did one of his friends. I even attended one of the training seminars with my cousin, not the initial pitch but actual training... green = buy, red = sell, and always use a stop.

To be blunt, the vast majority of people that purchase 4xMadeEasy don't know how to spell "FX". IMO, this will cause a big strain on MB's staff. Not to mention servers. And I'm not too sure the "image" of being associated with 4xMadeEasy will be well received by professional or otherwise knowledgeable, experienced traders. That's important because high-volume traders are either daily gravy or daily bread-n-butter. I don't know which in MB's case.

Bottomline, IMO, MB seems to be executing on a new growth strategy. And while I don't have anything against MB (except lack of a DOM ladder in their software)... for now, I'll watch.

Osorico

#23     Nov 20, 2005

4. steve,

please take this as constructive criticism. MB trading always had a reputation as a legit and well run firm. Why the association with the 4xmade easy people?? their reputation certainly leaves something to be desired, atleast on this site.

best,

surfer

#24     Nov 20, 2005
  5. MBT-Steve

MBT-Steve Sponsor

4xme is a software platform pure and simple. Our association with them is no different than one we have with QCharts, eSignal, Ninja and the rest of our marketing partners. Regardless of the software application you chose for analytics our brokerage clients are treated equally well. With size comes
    scale and hence lower rates, we currently do not see a problem with this model, we have employed it since the inception of the firm. I am so sorry to hear that we lost a client due to this association however we considered this arrangement to be a net positive for the firm, its clients and employees. As always I am here to discuss any and all concerns.

#25     Nov 20, 2005

6. OK. i wish you the best.

surfer

#26     Nov 20, 2005
  7. Pipstar

Pipstar

Steve

Is it true that scalping is allowed on your platform?
    Or is this just another marketing tactic?
    What makes you in a position to allow it when every broker I have used so far have discouraged it and put in place obstacles such as reduced leverage and dealer intervention when you are a successful scalper.

Regards

#27     Nov 23, 2005
  8. MBT-Steve

MBT-Steve Sponsor

Pipstar,

It is true because we are not a deal desk. We are a direct access forex broker so it makes no difference to me whether you trade 50 times a day or once a year. The restrictions of scalping is generally a deal desk policy.

Regards,

Steve

#28     Nov 23, 2005
  9. MBT-Steve

MBT-Steve Sponsor

Hi Girvas,

1.Can I show my Bid or Offer in quote box in real account as in DEMO ( I already tried it) they(my bid /offer) are not seen ?
    and I would like to see in this window other traders(not only 2-3 banks)>>>>>>yes, this does display in the production environment ( real account)

2.Can MBTT provide any backfill to the charts (QTracker) and how many days ?>>>>>>>at the moment it is intraday only. I will keep you updated with new developments

Regards,

Steve

#29     Dec 26, 2005
  10. ameera

ameera

how much fee do you charge?
    what's the minimum to open an account?

#30     Feb 7, 2006