MBTrading Problems

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by GTS, Dec 18, 2011.

1. OMG. This can't be this hard.

Opened an account, got approved for fx account with an additional demo account number, downloaded MB Desktop and logged on using MBT supplied username and Pw. App defaults to live account so since check is still in the mail live account is zero. I went to navigate >> preferences and changed the account alias to the demo account number> hit "finish" and NOTHING happens to app!! Being that the live account is $0 and MB app cant seem to switch to Demo account. I can't use Mb Desktop. What am I missing?

#61     Jul 20, 2013
  2. Mark2m

Mark2m

I wish I could help you but I am using MB strictly for real time charting. I used to use Ensign, Ninja, but now utilizing MB saving $600+ per year. Unfortunately IB has never had their act together for charting, hence MB.
    As an FYI the following is applicable:
    You can use Chat support - questionable(they do speak English)
    You can call them but you will be on HOLD (ignore) for quite awhile. Don't leave your number expecting a call within 24hrs not the 1-2hrs they claim. To circumvent the system use option 1. Trade Desk and ask them, if they aren't busy they will help you. Since it is the trade desk they will answer the phone promptly. They open Sunday 4:30PM EST.
    Good Luck

#62     Jul 20, 2013
  3. Thanks Mark2m.

Only plausible reason why it is behaving this way is that the app is down since it is a Saturday. One would think that demo apps should work on weekends using fake or delayed data ...oh well i will try Sun night when fx opens.

#63     Jul 20, 2013
  4. Has anyone tried auto trading with SierraCharts to MB Trading using the VB/Excel controls?

#64     Jul 20, 2013
  5. tiddlywinks

tiddlywinks

SierraChart does not support MBT. Not the data feed nor trade execution.

#65     Jul 20, 2013
  6. DHOHHI

DHOHHI

7. GTS

GTS

Since this thread has become active again...has anyone who had their MBT futures account moved to Knight been able to access their Knight account online?

I'm on my third support ticket with MBT asking for online access to my futures account to review transactions but although one response made a reference to an online Knight portal I have not received a link to the portal or login credentials....wondering if it is just me or what.

Just looking for the same access we had with Apex/Penson, nothing fancy...just the ability run simple reports.

#67     Jul 24, 2013
  8. Hi. Does anyone here have any experience dealing with MBT as it pertains to implementing MB Trading's SDK ? I'd like to code a rudimentary VB6 or Excel VBA auto program to submit opening orders, putting the brackets on it , monitor positions,etc . Other than some sample code in their site, are there any other resources out there in case I get stuck on an issue? Thanks in advance.

#68     Jul 29, 2013
  9. JamesL

JamesL

you can find a section on the SDK here:

http://www.mbtrading.com/forums.aspx

#69     Jul 29, 2013