MBTrading Problems

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by GTS, Dec 18, 2011.

1. Is MB's trading system any good? I am with IB but looking for a new broker.

#41     Mar 10, 2012
  2. GTS

GTS

What products do you want to trade?

#42     Mar 10, 2012
  3. stocks mostly. options not too often also

#43     Mar 10, 2012
  4. GTS

GTS

I haven't traded stocks with MB for quite some time so I'll let others answer.

What is your issue with IB that has you looking elsewhere?

#44     Mar 10, 2012
  5. more and more i feel like i need better software. the system feels laggy. looking for better execution.

#45     Mar 10, 2012
  6. DTrade88

DTrade88

Perm servers down since 2:46 pm EST.
    Back up after almost 50 minutes of downtime. This is bad...

#46     Apr 19, 2012
  7. Catoosa

Catoosa

MBT Perm server down this afternoon through close of trading at 4:00 EST. I doubt if MBT could have placed an order if you called it in to their trading desk. I doubt if Barron's does more than look at a brokers website to determine Barron's Broker Rankings (Barron's likes the looks of the latest MBT website).

#47     Apr 24, 2012
  8. DTrade88

DTrade88

Same here... They just can't seem to fix whatever is causing Perm server disconnects. These disconnects have been happening with alarming frequency over the course of the last 2 weeks. And the timing of these disconnects is just unbelievably bad. Come on, MBT, get your act together!

#48     Apr 24, 2012
  9. GTS

GTS

I experienced one such "someone has logged in as you" message this past week. Good stuff.

#49     Apr 28, 2012
  10. Mark2m

Mark2m

Indicated to MB, to at least warn you of the problem, via 1) email, 2) notification when you call (as does IB), instead you are awaiting technical help, in some cases at 15-20 minutes, wait. Dont leave a message, than they will never get back to you.
    Overall , I am reasonably satisfied with them. They are a very minor portion of our portfolio, our problem too much concentration with 4 accounts at IB. Honestly, there is no one else I can consider since trade 3-4 round trips per day per account and execution and commissions need to remain low.
    I have reduced my trading with MB in the past year, mainly due to Penson, which is honestly the biggest joke out there. For years, except this year, receive amended 1099's at least three from March to April. This year, only two 1099's, things are getting better.

#50     Apr 28, 2012