MBTrading Problems

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by GTS, Dec 18, 2011.

1. GTS

GTS

Thanks DTrade88. I have all my email setup to go to two different accounts automatically (domain forward), my ISP email and Gmail. A copy of that email does not exist in either location for me so I doubt I received it.

Regardless, it is not clear to me from that email that COMEX full size went from FREE to $61, just that the fee changed from something to $61 on that day.

Interestingly I was charged the first time on 11/16/2011 which is a couple weeks before that email was sent.

Also I was not charged a fee for November so they are clearly screwed up.

#31     Feb 28, 2012
  2. Catoosa

Catoosa

I have an email account number I use for correspondence only with MBT. I have checked this account and found no such email in the in-basket, spam folder, or trash folder. I do not think MBT sent this email to me.

Market data fee subscription agreements are contract agreements. If a broker changes a market data fee, the broker needs to cancel the existing contract agreement and have the client sign a new contract agreement with the data fee changes. Broker changes to an existing signed market data fee contract agreement is no longer a binding contract agreement.

#32     Feb 28, 2012
  3. DHOHHI

DHOHHI

#33     Feb 28, 2012
  4. DTrade88

DTrade88

MBT's NYMEX data feed is down

Update: After about 15min on hold, was told by an MBT rep that as of yesterday (2/28/12) current NYMEX and COMEX data subscribers had their NYMEX and COMEX data subscriptions terminated (due to confusion surrounding the new pricing) and had to call in to have NYMEX / COMEX subscriptions added back to their account. No e-mail was sent by MBT giving clients a heads-up...

#34     Feb 29, 2012
  5. Catoosa

Catoosa

This is what MBT should have done at the same time they first implemented each of the pricing changes.

Thank you for letting us know.

#35     Feb 29, 2012
  6. GTS

GTS

Unreal - they haven't bothered to reply to my support ticket that I put in yesterday morning. Thanks for the update DTrade88.

Edit: My account doesn't show any changes yet and even more funny is that I've never signed any agreement for these feeds, my account looks like this:

#36     Feb 29, 2012
  7. Rule no. 1

never trade with a broker from Cal.

the lads are usually at the wedge in Newport, fully stoked, waiting to max out the richter on a 30 ft. narly breaker riding a big gun.

s

#37     Feb 29, 2012
  8. Catoosa

Catoosa

I think MBT has been gathering and reviewing all of the information with respect to this market data confusion problem before deciding how to handle their affected clients. Sure looks like you will not be charged for any of the past subject data since you did not sign any data contract agreements.

MBT could apply for and get CBOT and CME exchange waivers for free client market data for the "Electronically Traded" "Full Size" futures contracts. NYMEX, COMEX, and ICE/NYBOT also offer waivers that reduce the data fees on the electronically traded full size products to about a $1.00 a month but CBOT and CME waivers are the most important to obtain. Most futures brokers offer these pass through waivers for their clients with a futures account (TD Ameritrade, Interactive Brokers, Lightspeed, etc.). I think any broker serious about offering futures trading obtains these market data waivers for the electronically traded full size contracts. MBT needs to seek-out and obtain these waivers.

#38     Feb 29, 2012
  9. I had an account with MB once, but they didn't let me trade at night. Other firms allowed night trading.

It's like two Coke Machines. One is 50 cents and open 24/7 and the other is 60 cents and you can only buy a can during the hours of 9 am til 4 p.m.

It is now 5 p.m.

Go with IB....but they have flaws as well.

Just not as many

#39     Feb 29, 2012
  10. DTrade88

DTrade88

"Trading temporarily unavailable for accounts..." since 6:30pm EST. Just called trading desk (tech not answering their phones), no ETA from tech when this will be fixed. Almost 30 mintues now and counting.

UPDATE: access to account balances and positions restored at 07:15pm EST after approximately 45 minutes of downtime.

#40     Mar 5, 2012