MBT Navigator Overview

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Baron, Jan 29, 2002.

1. Baron

Baron ET Founder

One. I asked support about that, and they said that you should really be using your quote sofware (whatever that may be) for running multiple L2 displays. You should probably inquire directly to MB for more info on that subject though because there's probably more to it than that.

If you right click on the "Route" button, a list of available routes pops up to choose from. However, the demo only has one route choice, which is "DEMO". I'm told however that there are many choices in the live version such as ISLD, ARCA, etc.

#11     Jan 29, 2002
  2. Dustin

Dustin

Last year I heard that MB had deals with a couple MM's to supply extra liquidity to Navigator users.

I was told that if you get a partial fill then one of these mm's would auto-ex fill you for the rest up to a certain # of shares.

Any word on this?

#12     Feb 1, 2002
  3. Yes in fact these "hidden pools of liquidity" were supposed to be the main benefit of the Navigator execution route. NOw that Nite, Herzog, the old Mash, etc have cancelled a lot of these auto ex relationships, I wonder if Navigator still has this feature itself?

#13     Feb 1, 2002
  4. Good Afternoon! I'm glad to see that people have questions about the MBT Navigator and I will do my best to answer them If anyone has additional questions feel free to email me at jeramie@mbtrading.com.

To answer the question in regards to hidden liquidity, we indeed continue to have relationships with liquidity partners that will provide additional liquidity if it is not available in the current market. The MBTX route will also search the ecn's and mm's to find the best possibl execution. This lends itself to the other question in regards to the OE and picking off ISLD's REDI's etc... if you are using the MBTX route, you will be able to pick off those ISLD's that pop up as the MBTX route scans the level II for available liquidity. That being the case we feel it is best to use the Navigator with one of our quote providers so that you can utilize multiple Level II windows. (our OE is added to their level II windows, you can do this as many times as you like).

Zippie26 asked about API's. We will have an API available shortly so that you can write your execuctions into your own program. If you would like more details please feel free to email me!

I encourage you to take a look at the different quote providers as they all offer free trials of some sort. Remember that if you do 100 trades a month, we will rebate $100 to your trading account to help cover the cost of your data provider.

Visit us at www.mbtrading.com to learn more or try out the free test drive. Have a great weekend!

Jeramie

#14     Feb 1, 2002
  5. oneway

oneway

Hey Jeramie!

Glad to see ur up and running.

MBT Nav was a great program when I Beta'd last year. I would choose MB and its Navigator platform without a doubt, but I now only trade E Mini...

I highly reccommend MB and MB-Navigator.

Best of Luck...let me know when ur brokering E Mini!

SW

#15     Feb 3, 2002