MBT Navigator, MB Trading not Real Tick?

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by arky, Mar 23, 2001.

1. arky

arky

After many weeks of studying I am finally ready to open a Direct Access Trading account and I had pretty much settled on MB Trading. I hit their site today and was quite confused by the message that MB Trading no longer offers Real Tick, but instead will offer MBT Navigator which will only be available in 3 to 4 weeks. I am hoping that some existing MB Trading users might have some insight on these changes that they could share with a newbie. Based on my research I am also interested in Ravenquote and would welcome any comments on this new charting/quote service. My perceptions are that MB Navigator combined with Ravenquote would be a state-of-the-art software platform for daytrading, although I guess I still need a quote service. Also, if Ravenquote requires a real-time data feed like QCharts or e-Signal (future), are we paying for redundant charting capabilities? I would appreciate any feedback, thank you.

2. MB Trading will split up into 2 divisions - Terra Nova MB
    which will continue to support new and existing Realtick customers and MB Trading which will have their own Navigator software. I understand that Navigator will only be an order entry platform and can be integrated with other data feeds (eSignal, DTN, etc) that are in partnership with MBT.

3. az2u

az2u

4. Eastboy

Eastboy

I am with Terranova-MB using the realtick platform. If you are just starting out, it is good to know that its alot more than just the choice of a real-time quote/entry software but also you have to make sure that your isp is a tier 1 and has a common backbone as that of your broker's server. Otherwise you just gonna get lagged quotes and still pay that hefty monthly realtime bill.

In short, get a tier 1 isp find out which backbone its on and get a realtime broker which has bought alot of bandwidth from the same backbone. Sometimes its not a choice of which platform you like; because it's limited at the end of the day by the need for a consistent and reliable connection from your machine to the broker's server.

My 2 cents. Hope this helps you in your new endeavour. Happy trading.