MBT/EFX During News....

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by achilles28, Feb 24, 2007.

1. Hello, EFX/MBT,

Looking For An Answer VIPER

#21     Mar 1, 2007
  2. 168

mine was slow at first then went down .are you using demo or real , i use the real one .

#22     Mar 1, 2007
  3. Both, although I only had the demo running this morning. If the live system went down this morning, I want to hear from MBT/EFX, right here right now. I will provide the matched set of flintlocks.

The Ever Slapping In The Face With A Glove VIPER

#23     Mar 1, 2007
  4. 168

whose's your cx provider ?

#24     Mar 1, 2007
  5. I'm pretty sure my EFX live quotes froze around the 10am news. I know for a fact the TDFX feed to eSignal did for a good 10-15mins.

I pulled up my EFX platform near the end of that time span and prices seemed to be stuck but I can't be certain for how long.

#25     Mar 1, 2007
  6. MBT-Steve

MBT-Steve Sponsor

I just came across this thread now and I apologize for not responding earlier. As far as our spreads widening 20-30 pips, that is not accurate. We do disseminate quotes directly from the banks feeds within our network so what they deliver you get. I generally notice during times of news that spreads range from about 1-5 pips on the majors. That’s a generalization and nothing scientific but this is what I have seen repeatedly.

We have made changes to increase the quality of our price slaves. We have discovered that there are users who for whatever reason (internet, Operation system, Ip throughput) their machines often take too long to acknowledge a quote we send to them and as such we instituted a buffer and time out for these users. If we don’t get an ack. from the user within a certain period of time the user is disconnected from the quote server. We decreased the buffer last night in effort to increase quote quality further. The effect was that many more users today were disconnected than normal. To remedy this we are going to increase the time-out back to a more reasonable number and as such you will not have the problem tomorrow.

Additionally, now that we are utilizing ECN technology the demo quotes are different from the production quotes in the sense that anyone on demo posting would not be seen in production.

Regards,

Steve

#26     Mar 1, 2007
  7. Steve'orino, what is up?

"often take too long to acknowledge a quote we send to them and as such we instituted a buffer and time out for these users."
    Does this mean that the navigator acknowledges the quote to MBT automatically and if the the MBT sever does not receive this ack, due to whatever issues, then they would have been turned off? Also basically you are saying that the demo quotes would be different from the live?

The Ever inquisitive VIPER

#27     Mar 2, 2007
  8. notouch

notouch

Al Gore rhythm? That's the funniest thing I've ever read on ET.
    :D

#28     Mar 2, 2007
  9. AC, I checked the live mb feed against live CX, our Prop feed and Hots feed this morning on the Cad news. From what I saw, with the exception of a 3pip spread for a short time, seconds. After this mb followed all three feeds. Again, when the pair gapped down on all of the feeds, the action was untradable because the prices were bouncing due to pulled orders. At this point I would say that stops might not be affected by any synthetic spreads.

The Ever Helpful VIPER

#29     Mar 2, 2007
  10. MBT-Steve

MBT-Steve Sponsor

Hi TV...........

Just for clarification, this is not a software issue but a TCP/IP issue. And yes to the question. As far as demo, our demo servers don't do nearly the processes that the production servers do and therefore their overhead is not even close.

Regards,

Steve

#30     Mar 2, 2007