MBT/EFX During News....

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by achilles28, Feb 24, 2007.

1. achilles28

achilles28

Dont worry. I'll remember if you dont ;)

#11     Feb 27, 2007
  2. It seems that with MB the quotes freeze or invert during news time. I experience this way more than wide spreads. However, it's all the same to me.

#12     Feb 27, 2007
  3. Here you are, 8:30, no inversions etc. I will check again at 10:00

• 2e.png
      File size:
      662.7 KB
      Views:
    #13     Mar 1, 2007
  4. Viper: what platform is the SuperDOM window?

#14     Mar 1, 2007
  5. 10:00, CX did what it does, our Prop platform was right there with CX, but kind of bad news for EFX, it seems as if the Al Gore rhythm slowed the feed so that it did not gap, or wildly swing or move with the natural movement of the market until about 3-5 min later. See my next post for the gap.

It seems to me that either the Al Gore rhythm does this as a kind of circuit breaker to protect EFX from losses, or you from gains, or the platform just can't handle this volume. But if you don't trade news I think that it is an OK platform.

The Ever Helpful VIPER

HEY EFX guys I have questions!

#15     Mar 1, 2007
  6. 168

actually the mbt platform was crashing around that time for half hour .

#16     Mar 1, 2007
  7. Viper, i think the EFX servers cant handle high-volume situations reliably. See:
    http://www.siliconinvestor.com/readmsg.aspx?msgid=23330706

Thats an MBT forum, and a lot of future traders complain about lagged quotes under those circumstances. Chances are, what you experienced is a simmilar thing. Apparently MBT is working on the issue, but their efforts didnt yield success up to now.

#17     Mar 1, 2007
  8. Here is the gap, now just because the efx platform did not move right away, does not mean you cold not have made money. You had a 50 50 chance of making some good money. In short at 11 or 12, before the news and just hold. Also there were two gaps down.

The Ever Technical VIPER

#18     Mar 1, 2007
  9. Pip, for the time being it is prop, but may be public in the future. I like the LII format, it also has an on chart trading ability, just place the order on the chart, when the price is hit, your stop and take profit orders are placed and shown on the chart

The Ever Pushing The Limits VIPER

#19     Mar 1, 2007
  10. 168, my platform was not down, but the quotes were slow.

The Ever Reporting VIPER

#20     Mar 1, 2007