MBA Project

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Albert, Feb 23, 2006.

1. Yup - Chimera is right. They actually capitalize all of thier traders without any contribution from the traders. They also keep 25% of profits and charge $10/ticket. They tend to only hire freshly minted asian undergrads and thier most successful trader only has 1 million in BP.

Needless to say, I left there pretty quickly.

#31     Mar 24, 2006
  2. bjb1963

bjb1963

Thanks for being a smart ass Albert. Yes, I have been trading for 4 years and in my first year I made close to six figures and have crushed that the last three. Its been fairly slow year for me so far, but then again I work about 8 hours a week...so have fun in your day job.
    Was just commenting on people who constantly talk about ROI on this site as its always an apples and oranges comparison.

As for your smart ass response. I find it extremely hard to believe that anyone making 360K a year is taking an online statistics class through Baker freakn college.

Not going to waste my time reading your posts. Maybe I am reading you wrong. Who knows....but your response was classic. Thanks for the laugh.

Wow, just read some of your posts. One of the more pompous posters I have come across in some time. Question. You talk like you are a bright kid, either straight out of college or maybe still in school. But you also say your parents are waiting for you to make an honest living, as if you are a full time trader. What is this day job where you earn 360K a year that is not "honest" enough to appease your parents?

#32     Mar 25, 2006
  3. Albert

Albert

To bjb1963:
    Down boy, don't take it personally. I wasn't trying to be a smart ass about you, I just have a sarcastic bent. Believe me, if I could go back to trading full time I would love it and I would do it. Hard to replace my present income, though (way more than 300)
    When I did trade full time, I made approximately what I make now but I sure didn't work only 8 hours a week. I was up early, traded the indices and the energies, traded the asians in the evening and got up again for the three am DAX. Finally got burned out and went back to my day job. Made my wife happy, and I think we all sleep better.
    That's why I want to learn to trade away from the computer, it is too time intensive.
    As far as Baker college is concerned, I have enough education to not worry about the Institution. I went to school with a lot of Ivy Leaguers and they have nothing on me except a higher school loan debt. We had a bunch of Nobel laureates at my school and how much do you think I learned from them? Squat!
    I was sincerely congratulating you-relax.
    Albert

#33     Mar 25, 2006
  4. Albert

Albert

Thought I would give the results to y'all. Interesting, but I'll let you decide for yourselves.

#34     May 5, 2006
  5. Albert

Albert

Therre are a few of these things, so hang in there.

#35     May 5, 2006
  6. Albert

Albert

Third question.

#36     May 5, 2006
  7. Albert

Albert

Fourth question.

#37     May 5, 2006
  8. Albert

Albert

Fifth.