MBA/business students wasting time/$$$

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by sumosam, Jan 12, 2009.

1. sumosam

sumosam

with all the unemployed mba's and other with mega experience unable to find work...i can't understand how anyone would let their child study business at this time....imho. i dont see this recession/depression going away for at least a decade....doesn't mean there aren't other avenues to make money, tho'

2. MBA is a highly versatile degree. It's not just for the field of business.

3. As opposed to all the other degrees that will make much more than an MBA? Maybe astronomy?

No one knows what the world will be like in 10 years. There is no safe degree. There is always the next outsourcing, technology, advance that will turn today's stars into next decade's buggy whip makers.

4. Anyone that tries to talk someone out of furthering their education is probably "unedumacated thumselves". Thanks for the bad tip.

5. kxvid

kxvid

So says the MBA.

6. sumosam

sumosam

frankly, i would say psychology, or any of the medical fields would be a good degree....so would engineering, even geology...lots of opportunities years from now.

i thought the business world had ballooned out of all proportion.....lots of bright young minds teaching yoga now...not that there is anything wrong with yoga:D :D :D :D

7. I sense jealousy.

8. Opportunities in engineering? You must either still be in school, live in china, or never worked in the tech field. Great degree, shitty career.

9. having been a working professional for a while now, here are the top degrees bar none to pursue if you are a young wipper snapper in high school thinking what to major in college. regardless if you decide to pursue these careers, you can get a job pretty much anywhere. in no particular order:

computer programmer
    acctuary
    engineering
    accounting

you can be a shoe salesman but if you have an mba, there's probable a good chance you can one day be the manger there.