MBA breeding ground for future white collar criminals

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by a529612, May 1, 2007.

1. It is just an ego boost.

Akuma

#11     May 2, 2007
  2. "A study released by the center in September and conducted by Rutgers professor Donald McCabe in New Brunswick, New Jersey, showed that students pursuing MBA degrees cheat more than other U.S. graduate students. McCabe found that 56 percent of those in business schools acknowledge violating the rules, compared with 54 percent in engineering, 48 percent in education and 45 percent in law.
    McCabe's survey of 21,500 undergraduates found 74 percent of business majors reported cheating, compared with 73 percent of engineering students and 71 percent of those studying science. The average was 68 percent."

How to lie with statistics, cont'd: "cheat more", huh? A no less plausible conclusion is that all students cheat at pretty much the same rates, but business dudes and dudettes are healthily less in denial and more honest about self-reporting the truth. They have no problem ratting themselves out for some lame anonymous survey.

:p

#12     May 2, 2007
  3. Banjo

Banjo

Life lesson 101: Inverse ratios.

Ethics applied to any given situation diminish as potential for wealth increases. You guys get any of those Dow Jones calls?

#13     May 2, 2007
  4. Yep.

I took a business elective to take a break from ball busting EE classes, and the girls that were in there - hot!

Most girls in engineering, if you actually had one in any of your classes, were kinda ugh-lee...

#14     May 2, 2007
  5. CNBC had a great 4-way discussion last night on this topic hosted by Melissa Francis. Charley Gasparino was the best.....he said: "You can't teach ethics to adults....it's in their upbringing".
    He was right of course.
    The prof from Princeton said he shows the handcuff-and-jail videos of Koslowski and Skilling and others from Enron infamy to his business students. I thought that was great !

#15     May 2, 2007
  6. ElCubano

ElCubano

somebody did..and made a hefty 4000% :D

cheating has been around since the sun starting shining...we used to have the pager scam in UF until it got busted...:p

#16     May 2, 2007
  7. Wow if you think girls in business classes are hot, you probably would have been jizzing your pants if you took communications or psychology.

Business majors, except marketing, are not known for hot women. Particularly in the financial field, the male:female ratio is not a favorable one.

#17     May 2, 2007
  8. Persdawg

Persdawg

If you aren't cheating, you aren't trying!

#18     May 2, 2007
  9. bush has an mba.
    need i say more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#19     May 2, 2007
  10. Chagi

Chagi

Exactly - the good looking women became fewer and fewer as I hit the later years of my degree. One more class to go this Spring, and then I'm done! :)

#20     May 2, 2007