MB Trading

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by Bakinec, Apr 4, 2010.

1. MBT-Steve

MBT-Steve Sponsor

Katiewc...

I can assure you that your money is not missing or short changed or whatever as such. Please feel free to PM me with your details of the wire and I can research it for you with the cashiering department.

Regards,

Steve

#51     Apr 7, 2010
  2. Catoosa

Catoosa

Cambist,

I have been considering making use of the Managed Account Tool to be able to help trade another MBT account. When you manage an account with "MAT", can the holder of the account you manage also trade in his own account or is it only you that can trade his account?

#52     Apr 8, 2010
  3. MBT-Steve

MBT-Steve Sponsor

Catoosa,

MAT (managed account tool) will allow you to trade any accounts including yours and as many accounts as you want in total. Simply put it breaks up an order into the various accounts that you specify so that you as the manager only place one trade instead of several. Should make your life much easier.

Regards,

Steve

#53     Apr 8, 2010
  4. Bakinec

Bakinec

Couple questions.

Why was Mouse's post deleted?

Why can't I view the DOM in Ninjatrader? Neither the Static DOM nor Dynamic show currencies as instruments, only futures.

The DOM in MBNavigator sucks. I want to see an up/down view of bid/asks and without all these funky colors.

#54     Apr 11, 2010
  5. Ninja doesn't display DOM for fx-spot - you have to use their FX orderentry window called 'FXPro'. With fractional pricing in spot the classical DOM orderentry window wouldn't be that useful anyways.

#55     Apr 11, 2010
  6. TheMan

TheMan

i use MBT for my forex trading and never have had an issue

#56     Apr 11, 2010
  7. Bakinec

Bakinec

Pippi, FXPro doesn't display anything either.

I guess I'll just have to trade from the chart.

#57     Apr 12, 2010
  8. katiewc

katiewc

MBT-Steve correct me if I'm wrong but a TRUE ECN should display my bid and offer right? therefore if i have an limit order to short AUDCAD for example at 0.9040 and it trades up to 0.9045 i should have gotten executed. Is this not correct? Even if the highest the BID price got up to is 0.9038 it should not matter since my offer should have been lifted

#58     Apr 13, 2010
  9. katiewc

katiewc

Adding more to this MBT Thread:
    1) Haven't gotten my missing 1k back, so far the investigation is that it was lost in a FX conversion fee because my bank apparently didn't send US dollars. It's still a big deal but the team there have been more than helpful in trying to sort it out and credit me back. Will see how it goes.
    2) New issue today, on Meta Trader i had a limit order to sell something and it traded at least 8 pips above there and didn't get filled. I called to complain and dealt with one of the worst technical support people (Head manager, his name was Amani) in a while.. and will be filing a complaint shortly. But anyhow back to the issue, they claim it didn't trade there DESPITE MBT's own software saying it did. Fishy? yes without a doubt. As it stands right now I will definitely be holding back funding my institutional account with this company.

Will update more.

#59     Apr 14, 2010
  10. MBT-Steve

MBT-Steve Sponsor

Katiewc,

Few things.....

Please IM me your name so that I can follow up about your money. If the bank had some conversion that you had mentioned then that isn't mbt but neverthless let me look into it. PM your name.

If you post your bid/offer it will display.. yes

There might be some semantics here but there is a difference in trading as opposed to displaying. You indicated the bid never reached your offer so there wasnt necessarily a trade done. However you also indicated that the offer was not displayed which would be consistent wtih the order filling. There could have been a situation that the bid did cross momentarily with your offer and in the time it took to preference your trade to the bids liquidity that the bid was pulled which would explain that brief moment where your offer was not displayed as it was trying to hit a banks bid. Please IM me the date and trade detail and I will be able to research the specifics and let you know exactly what happened.

#60     Apr 14, 2010