MB Trading

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by Bakinec, Apr 4, 2010.

1. Bakinec

Bakinec

Much thanks for the quick response and clarification, Steve!

If you don't mind, a few more general questions.

1. I use Ninjatrader. One of the top reasons I use it is its availability of Constant Range Bars. Will using NJ with MB have the same option of using CRBs to display charts?

2. Are the customer accounts at MB segregated?

3. Are there any restrictions in regards to withdrawing funds? Let's say I deposit 1K and turn it into 2K at the end of the month. Will there be any restrictions withdrawing 1K at the end of the month, and if not, how long does it usually take to have the money deposited into the customer's bank account, if it's a wire transfer? AFAIK, it usually takes 1-2 business days.

4. Is MB standing for Manhattan Beach a myth? :D

Thanks again and all the best!

#11     Apr 5, 2010
  2. This company charges for data most brokers provide for free. Well all have to pay our chart vendor once, then we have to double pay to MB if we don't meet the minimum.

And from what I remember the data lags in a big way. I don't link the have a direct link to the exchanges.

The CME does not show them as having one. So I have an issue with this.

#12     Apr 5, 2010
  3. Bakinec

Bakinec

Burger, so you mean I'll have to pay MB each month to set up the data feed to Ninjatrader? What if I use their own platforms? Same?

Let's see what Steve says about this.

#13     Apr 5, 2010
  4. GTS

GTS

This is an FX thread; MB FX and Equity/Futures accounts are completely separate. I have a small MB FX account for years and have never been charged any data fees to that account. Data fees only apply on the equity/futures accounts side.

#14     Apr 5, 2010
  5. The title of the thread is MB Trading.

#15     Apr 5, 2010
  6. MBT-Steve

MBT-Steve Sponsor

Fattburger....

We do NOT charge data fees for forex.

With regards to futures.........

We do pass through data fees from the exchanges if minimums are not met. The purpose for these minimums is so that we can cover our cost of the exchange fees.

We dont have any delays in data. I assume you are referring to some past sporadic data issues but that was long ago.

We dont have a seat on CME but rather use GHCO since they are part of our clearing firm, Penson. By way of GHCO membership we are direct.

Regards,

Steve

#16     Apr 5, 2010
  7. Bakinec

Bakinec

Read the title of the section where this thread is.

There is enough confusion about FX brokers without someone mixing up futures with forex.

#17     Apr 5, 2010
    #18     Apr 5, 2010
  9. MBT-Steve

MBT-Steve Sponsor

Gubinec...... >>>>below

1. I use Ninjatrader. One of the top reasons I use it is its availability of Constant Range Bars. Will using NJ with MB have the same option of using CRBs to display charts?

>>> I check with NT, here is their response
    Your understanding is correct, clients can use custom range bars with MB Trading data.

Also, historical data is available in NT 7, if you have any clients that want NT 7 right now, please have them send a note to sales@ninjatrader.com and we will include them in our next round of beta testing.

2. Are the customer accounts at MB segregated?

>>> to the extent that funds are segregated from operating capital..yes

3. Are there any restrictions in regards to withdrawing funds? Let's say I deposit 1K and turn it into 2K at the end of the month. Will there be any restrictions withdrawing 1K at the end of the month, and if not, how long does it usually take to have the money deposited into the customer's bank account, if it's a wire transfer? AFAIK, it usually takes 1-2 business days.

>>> no restrictions

4. Is MB standing for Manhattan Beach a myth?

>>> this would be true.

#19     Apr 5, 2010
  10. Bakinec

Bakinec

I think Steve has cleared up the futures issue, Burger.

If you have a problem with their futures arm, post it in the Futures section of this forum.

I posted this thread in the FX section for a reason. Let's concentrate on FX please!

Thank you.

EDIT: TWICE??? Thanks for spamming this thread, Burger. You've done me a big favor :mad:

EDIT: THRICE???

I'll ask a mod to delete your posts.

#20     Apr 5, 2010