MB Trading - Spot FX Execution Failure

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by MiamiHurricanes, Oct 16, 2008.

1. Where are u trading through now? Is there commisions and swap rates competitive?

#11     Oct 16, 2008
  2. Lon Eagle, i think commissions came down since then. Me smallfish got an offer for $18. That was Aarontrade, which is an IB for ADM as far as i understand it.

A nice feature they have is that you can enter a trade on Currenex and exit on Hotspot (or vice versa).

#12     Oct 16, 2008
  3. I was talking about what I was paying for MBT/EFX.

I pay $15/20 per million now for other platforms. For that I get a combination of Currenex, lava, hoTspot and EBS.

I know other brokers who have offered me a 'cheaper' deal but I am happy with paying that. I am a firm believer in everyone has to be happy with the deal and am happy not to try and screw the brokers down to the last penny/cent.

#13     Oct 16, 2008
  4. How's the liquidity on Lava and EBS these days? Have they held up better than HS FXi?

Also, does your prime cover the EBS subscriber fee?

#14     Oct 16, 2008
  5. I actually think Lava is the best of the lot spread wise - but it isnt single click when hitting the price so I don't use it all that often.

EBS fine on $/euro and $/yen, rubbish on rest.

Hotspot spread and liquidity has been terrible recently.

What I have noticed is so few people seem to be playing. The number of times I can have a great offer in for example and it does not get hit, despite being say bid on another platform. Also get far more part fills which is annoying.

I have to say though I think spreads and liquidity have held up remarkably well apart from in cable.

#15     Oct 16, 2008