MB Trading Order Types

Discussion in 'Order Execution' started by haub, Jul 17, 2003.

1. 4:1 intraday margin with balances over $5,000

must be a typo ?

or are they somehow able to get around the PDT rules?

#11     Oct 20, 2003
  2. Lote of functuionality? B.S There isn't much that's why they
    integrat with Esignal, Qchart, stokcwatchpro.

MBT, does not even has its own simple charting.

Another bullshit on universal account, where are the Asian/pacific
    exchanges like Japan, Hongkong, Australia which IB offers.

#12     Oct 20, 2003

3. How many software packages offer their own charting???? show of hands please???...Now, of those...how many are halfway decent????? Realtick? Most good execution systems utilize a third part vendor for charting for two reason: 1) so as to not affect speed of execution platforms by bogging it down and 2) because an indepth charting package takes time .$$ and dedication to make it the equal of an e-sig or realtick.....now if you read my prior post ( it might be hard for you I know) you will see that I said I liked the simplicity of it.....meaning, its a very basic yet functional system....can you comprehend this or should I put sub titles like a bruce lee movie???
    Outside of asian markets...what is it lacking that you want? Obvioulsy you need the e-signal hook up but the comboe proves very effective and simple to navigate.

#13     Oct 20, 2003
  4. UCLA

UCLA

MB Trading does not have charting since not all traders use charting. Each trader has their own unique style of trading and can pick and choose their own charting system or any other method as to determine their entry and exit points. I agree with TM Direct and recognize the many functions that an "easy to use" Order Entry platform offers.

#14     Oct 20, 2003
  5. UCLA

UCLA

Also, Universal account refers to being able to use one account for Equities, Options and Futures.

#15     Oct 20, 2003
  6. ChrisRT

ChrisRT

Hi TM_Direct,

Not that it's a huge deal, just for clarification's sake, MB hasn't been doing development with OpenEx for quite some time. I remember OpenEX as not being all that great and MB ceased to work with them so they could put out a better product, which as I think you and I agree, is a very efficient platform in the Navigator.

#16     Oct 20, 2003
  7. im not 100% sure what the connection is....I like openex for a starter platform and for the record , i have never been associaed with either MB or Openex...i just like the speed and ease of its layout...some platfomrs have tons of bells and whistles, which is sometimes necassary, but i kind of like the simplicity of the platform...peace to all! :p

#17     Oct 20, 2003
  8. kowboy

kowboy

Has anyone here had a chance to compare MB Trading with Protrader?

I had been with Protrader (now ETG) which has charts. The major advantage of Protrader is that you can set up any number of level 2 windows and I typically had up to twenty three minute charts. The data feed easily kept up and did not lag on a 512 connection. You can trade directly off of the charts as well. The level 2 windows can be programmed to speed key scroll through your list of target stocks. The level 2 window remembers your position in a stock, so that you can quickly exit without having to enter the share size again.

I"m currently trading with IB and let my data feed deactivate at Protrader because of the changeover to ETG from Instinet and because I absolutely hated Protrader CS (when owned by Instinet)

As I mentioned before, I am looking for an alternative, such as MBTrading.

Has anyone here had a chance to compare MB with Protrader?

Thanks for any input.

#18     Oct 20, 2003
  9. kowboy - you can use QuoteTracker for trading through both MB Trading and IB - QT supports integrated trading and datafeeds for both. It lets you have as many intraday charts as you want.

And, QT auto-registers for MB Trading clients, so you in affect get fully registered QuoteTracker for free.

Jerry Medved
    http://www.quotetracker.com/mbt.asp

#19     Oct 20, 2003