MB Trading Down

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by myminitrading, Aug 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. i'm just speaking facts from my actual trading. def is correct very few of the orders i placed between the bid and ask were filled on the box. were the box is good is if i hit the bid or ask price about 20% of the time i'll get a 1-5 cent price improvement instantly. as far as stock commissions go the avg retail client who trades anything above a $20 stock will trade 500 shares are less at a time so ib's commissions for that situation are much lower. MBT-STEVE ABOUT 5 MONTHS AGO YOU CAME OUT WITH A .004 PER SHARE ALL IN COMMISSION PLUS SEC FEE AND THEN WITHIN A WEEK IT WAS GONE AND REPLACED BY YOUR $4.95 PLAN C. WHY DID YOU TAKE THAT AWAY?believe me i'm not saying ib is flawless as there platform to trade stocks is archaic for high vol traders as its very cumbersome to trade with. ib has not changed there platform much in the 5 years i've been there.but ib is catering to the masses more than the professional daytrader

#31     Aug 7, 2006
  2. MBT-Steve

MBT-Steve Sponsor

mymini..........

I am here to help but let me make a suggestion. If you see any problems then please call tech support to get a resolution. We are very proactive here at MBT and sometimes we need to be reactive. But in either case we can correct any potential problem you may be having much faster by calling our support lines rather than through the ET threads.

Regards,

Steve

#32     Aug 7, 2006
  3. Everytime time I call they make me feel as if the problem is on my end, just like you do.

#33     Aug 7, 2006

4. Sorrry that was not you it was mktman.

#34     Aug 7, 2006
  5. mktman

mktman

YM quotes were not down all Sunday mymini. Check them again. Server problem corrected.

If your sooo disatified with MB then why do you still have an account with them.?
    That makes no sense.

Good luck with your bitching.

#35     Aug 7, 2006
  6. DHOHHI

DHOHHI

If you're not a rookie trader trading a hundred shares or so .. if you were trading 5000 shares then IB costs $25 and MB costs $27.50 ... so there goes you're 100% higher argument .. and don't forget that IB doesn't even pay interest in your first $10,000 in cash ... so that can more than offset any SEC fees one pays at MB ... I fail to understand why some people bitch and complain yet keep accounts open at MB ...

#36     Aug 8, 2006

7. Show me were I said "all Sunday" fruitcake.

#37     Aug 8, 2006
  8. dhohh1 your statment is idiotic. for the avg trader who trades stocks of $30 or more(not $ 2 stocks like you) they will buy in increments of 500 shares or less. so the commissions is more than a 50% savings when figuring in no sec fee with ib. if one does 1-5k orders got a vendor like rml that charges $2.95 a trade

#38     Aug 8, 2006
  9. mktman

mktman

"Show me were I said "all Sunday" fruitcake."

There you go again wasting your time AND ours.

#39     Aug 8, 2006
  10. MB Crashing quotes offline

• mbt.jpg
      File size:
      57.5 KB
      Views:
    #40     Aug 8, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.