MB Trading: 12 day hold on check deposits

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by ethos, Apr 6, 2006.

1. ethos

ethos

Thank you all. If this is common practice I don't mind. I guess I didn't run into this before since my checks were sen't to already established accouns with funds in them.

#21     Apr 6, 2006
  2. Opra

Opra

#22     Apr 6, 2006
  3. I do not trade options, but you can check here, or you could contact MBT directly.

- Spydertrader

#23     Apr 6, 2006
  4. dalvord

dalvord

Another solution, if MB offers the service, is ACH transfer which is "free" and fast.

I just checked the MB website; here is a copy of their information about ACH:

"ACH Transfer - Coming Soon!
    Electronically transfer funds from your checking or savings account to your MB Trading account"

Sorry, maybe later!

#24     Apr 6, 2006
  5. well,

Then you should not be able to withdraw within 12 days, but you should be allowed to trade...

#25     Apr 6, 2006
  6. GTC

GTC

Could anyone comment on MBTX's executions versus MBTR's executions?

#26     Apr 8, 2006
  7. i noticed mb took away the .004 no ecn fee rates? why did they do that?

#27     Apr 8, 2006
  8. DHOHHI

DHOHHI

I have not used MBTR but Ross (of MBT) commented on SI about MBTR vs. MBTX.

-----------------------------------------------------
    Will orders routed to MBTR have less liquidity and thus, might the executions possibly be inferior to MBTX routed trades?

>>>Yes, exactly.

------------------------------------------------------

My guess is that someone taking longer term swing or position trades might choose to go with the new commission plan that uses MBTR but a more active trader would likely prefer to have the better executions and more liquidity of MBTX.

#28     Apr 8, 2006
  9. ethos

ethos

WOW! One of the reasons I switched to them last week was their new .004 rate. Surprise: it's gone. I'll call them on Monday.

#29     Apr 8, 2006
  10. damm scam. they just came up with that and bang it's gone

#30     Apr 8, 2006