MB to IB to Freetrade

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by gary, Feb 28, 2003.

1. gary

gary

I have been very pleased with both MB and IB. Now I'm going to give Freetrade a try. Much lower commission is reason for the changes. I would very much like to here from traders who could give me a (heads up) on what to expect with Freetrade. PM me if you will. I would love to converse by phone. My dime. Thanks !!!Main ? can you have multiple trades loaded at one time? at least two. Is there a maximum share size per trade 500 1,000 5,000 or more? Thanks.

2. There must be a reason that the first 25 trades are free :p
    If you do trade with this firm I would be interested in your experience with them.

3. gary

gary

That is what they said about IB 5 yrs. ago. If you look at the (niche trader) they want to target it sounds possible to deliver what they say they can. I will trade small like I did with IB till comfortable.

4. drbtk

drbtk

Here's a link - http://www.freetrade.com/

The commisions are almost too good to be true. One has to wonder about the executions. It appears to be Ameritrade based.

5. Digs

Digs

6. dis

dis

On a 10-lot order, Freetrade's options comissions are three times that of IB's.

7. gary

gary

IT appears they are focused on stock traders. I will fund new account today began trading tomorrow if all goes well.