MB-TerraNova/Realtick quote nighmares

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by Turok, Nov 21, 2001.

1. Turok

Turok

The last two days have been awful for me on RT. Today, MB help said it was an "internet problem", but it sounded to me like a "we don't know - BS" answer since my trading buddy sits next to me and we share the same cable modem and internet routing and sometimes he had the problem and sometimes me. Also my sister trade with us via speakerphone from NorCal and she didn't have any problems.

I think they are having some kind of permissions problem that kicks you off and won't let you relog.

Anyway, like IB, RT has been really good to me but this SUCKS!!!!

JB

2. I'm in NY and haven't had any problems with Terranova this week. Last week I did get bumped off 2 times , but I think it was my computer...got right back on.
    Maybe it is your ISP.
    Peace:cool:

3. Turok

Turok

>Maybe it is your ISP.

MB said it was their problem...it just that the problem they said they were "working on" didn't make a lot of sense.

JB

4. sallyboy

sallyboy Guest

I've had the same problem over the last couple of days. All of a sudden I lose trading permissions and it tries to connect over & over again. Related to that is that the "Orders" light goes silent and you end up not being able to trade and often your account info vanishes.

Not sure what it is, but it doesn't sound like an ISP problem. Hopefully it will get resolved soon. Come to think of it, I received an e-mail on Friday saying that the system would be down for the weekend for testing. Perhaps this has something to do with it since it only started after that.

5. Turok

Turok

>All of a sudden I lose trading permissions and it tries
    >to connect over & over again. Related to that is that
    >the "Orders" light goes silent and you end up not being
    >able to trade and often your account info vanishes.

This is *exactly* the problem I was having. Misery loves company I guess. :)

Better luck in the future.

JB

6. Eastboy

Eastboy

I second the permissioning problems.

7. The last few days I have had some connection problems with TAL, using a fast cable connection. My screen freezes or slows down dramatically, I get a message window stating that there is a backlog, and things usuually lock. When I run a tracert to TAL, I always get terrible times on the last three links, usually the worse is their server. The funny thing is when I run tracert on my other line which is dsl, the times are fine running through the same links. I am on the verge of dumping RT over this, so I would appreciate any help anyone has.

8. Turok

Turok

That is very strange, but it doesn't sound like a RT problem if you can get good times on the DSL. Perhaps you use the DSL for RT for a bit and see if the cable problem sorts itself out.

Wish I was more help.

JB

9. Turok,

Well that's the obvious solution but it's a bit complicated because the machine on the dsl isn't big enough to run RT and I have had some issues with dsl as well so I would kie to keep them as they are. Townsend says its cable router problem, nothing they can do, what a surprise. Don't they have alternate server farms like QCharts?

10. Does this also happen when you tracert beacon.taltrade.com?

voodoo

#10     Nov 29, 2001