MB Navigator

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by macal425, May 15, 2001.

1. Does anyone know when the MB Navigator will be released. I thought it was going to be within the last couple of months but so far nothing.
    Has anyone had an opportunity to see or demo it?
    Their website doesn't give much info on it.

2. Baron

Baron ET Founder

I've got a working version of it in front of me. It's looking good but it's still in beta, so there's still some work to be done. From what I've been told, the developers still have some pretty extensive database work to do yet, so it could easily be a few more months before we see a final version released. I asked MB about an estimated date of arrival on it, but they couldn't give me that info at this point.

If you have any specific questions regarding the program's features, let me know.

3. Baron

Are you able to use the Ipro function in real time or are you using a delayed quote demo version?
    If you have used Ipro to execute, how fast and reliable have the executions been?
    Would you consider this a good order entry option for a newbie until they have mastered better execution skills?
    Thanks

4. arky

arky

Baron:

MB Navigator is telling me that they only two weeks out. It sounds like we are getting different information, and I suspect you may be getting more accurate info. I am ready to open my account and I was willing to wait a couple of weeks but it sounds like I may have to go to plan B. Let me put you on the spot, if you had to choose Terra Nova-MB w/ RealTick or CyberCorp, which would you go with.

5. Baron

Baron ET Founder

The version I'm using has real-time data but there's no live order-entry functionality at the moment, so I can't really comment on the IPro route at this time. The L2 seems to be working well and the account management tools, integrated web browser, and research features are also up and running fine.

My comment regarding MB taking a couple of months is speculation, but I think it's probably pretty accurate. I mean, if they were going to release this product in a week or two, one would think they should have no problem committing to a release date, even if it was only tentative.

As far as choosing between TerraNova-MB and CyberTrader is concerned, I would choose TerraNova-MB in a heartbeat. In my personal opinion, CyberTrader's software and their data delivery infrastructure has never risen to the level of maturity and reliability that RealTick has.

6. I just got an email from MB.

"At this time the MBT Navigator platform will not be ready
    for several more months."

7. Is MB Navigator "RIP"???

I can't get an answer from them.

Bill

8. Cyber API is ready now, and IMHO, has matured way beyond MBT. That wasn't always the case, but having used both MBT and Cyber the past few months, Cyber has gotten a bad rap on this board.