Maybe Obama Can Lose...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by TraderZones, Jul 28, 2008.

1. Yeah, it's a pretty funny post, but all to true.

Don't take it personally though.

#11     Jul 28, 2008
  2. dtan1e

dtan1e

i've also known guys like the other one, all smooth talking and sorts, like of slimy, always poaching someone else ideas and promoting it as his own, undernealth it all a g

McCain may not look smart but at least i think he looks strong, solid and able to hold his ground

#12     Jul 28, 2008
  3. #13     Jul 28, 2008
  4. The title of this thread is silly. There was always a chance Obama could lose. He has never been that far ahead when by all measures, he should be WAY ahead. Lots of people just don't trust this guy. The election is going to be a referendum on Obama, and will have little to do with Mac I believe.

Polls are very volatile this time of year anyway. Dole was 33 points behind this time of year, and almost caught Clinton by the end.

#14     Jul 28, 2008
  5. So at best, they wash and we are back to 12+ years. He has been a senator for a long time. He is quite used to the rigors of political life.

And he has access to the best preventative and treatment medical care, so will probably be in better shape than the vast majority.

POW and prisoner are past tense, and no evidence that changes remaining life expectancy that much. And certainly not down to 2 years.

It is very unlikely he does not make it through the first term and quite likely he would make it through two.

#15     Jul 28, 2008
  6. Don't be pedantic.

What is silly, when most have already anointed him as the next President?

How many expect McCain to win???

#16     Jul 28, 2008
  7. Arnie

Arnie

Given the medias' non stop love affair with Obama, he shoud be up at least 15 pts.

As far as not being elected because he is black, that's bull shit. Doug Wilder won the Governors mansion in Virgina with a black electorate of about 11% (total black population around 18%). So it can be done. Believe me, Virgina in the mid 1980's was not a hotbed of "progressives", either.

We've seen incompetence from a so called "conservative" for the past 8 years. I suppose it's only fair we get a good dose of it from the left. :D

#17     Jul 29, 2008
  8. Now THAT'S hilarious!

I shouldn't laugh at the mentally ill, but that was funny.

#18     Jul 29, 2008
  9. I do. I don't especially like the guy, but when it comes time to vote, I believe people will hold their nose and vote for Mac because they are afraid of the alternative. Not just the inexperience part, but all of it combined (past associations, taking both sides of every issue, etc).

I predict that Obama takes the popular vote with landslides in the way liberal large states such a Cal, NY, and IL. BUT, Mac slides by in the electoral college by taking Ohio,and maybe even MI.

#19     Jul 29, 2008
  10. Let's not forget the good Rev. Jeremiah Wright (although BO would love you and the rest of the country to do exactly that).

#20     Jul 29, 2008