Maybe FORGET VISTA Altogether?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by gnome, Feb 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. romik

romik

Time to switch to a Mac

#21     Feb 25, 2007
  2. ...and then be ripped off in other ways...

#22     Feb 25, 2007
  3. Wow; LMHO; I am good with my Linux; firefox and Sun's java.

Winodws is for gaming only and maybe watching DVDs.

#23     Feb 25, 2007
  4. Has there ever been any MSFT product that wasn't hacked to pieces? So now you're saying that this is the product that won't be accessible?

Sounds a bit like famous last words...

#24     Feb 25, 2007
  5. Vista has compatability issues. Your logic makes no sense. I have talked to several full time traders that have had issues with trading with Vista. One of them being Trade Station, although it may have been fixed by now. I run XP Pro and it is going to be supported for longer than my current rig is going to stay working.

Dell tech support last week told me there are compatibility issues with Vista. Why would they lie? They have nothing to gain. Their sales staff told me it was great and they wouldn't ship the computer I wanted without Vista. What is their motivation to lie? Simple, $$$, they have nothing to offer on the computer I want.

I will buy a new Dell using kill disk, most likely, and do a fresh install of XP Pro. But hey if you want to be a guinea pig I am sure MFST would appreciate it. I would too. :D

#25     Feb 25, 2007
  6. http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/business/303750_msftsecurity15.html
    Thursday, February 15, 2007
    Security problems reported in Windows Vista
    By BRIAN BERGSTEIN
    THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

"Patch Tuesday," when Microsoft Corp. releases repairs for problems in its software, came and went this week with six critical fixes -- including the first one that touches Vista, the new operating system billed as the most secure Windows version yet.

The hole registers high on the irony scale: The flaw was in a "malware protection engine" that helps several Microsoft security products --

This isn't to say that Vista had previously appeared clean. Already a few vulnerabilities have popped up, including a remarkably low-tech hack.

Joanna Rutkowska, a security researcher for COSEINC,....."in a couple of months the security of Vista (from the typical malware's point of view) will be equal to the security of current XP systems."

#26     Feb 25, 2007
  7. Neet

Neet

Did we touch a nerve or do we have a member of the Gates family on the boards ?

#27     Feb 25, 2007
  8. Same member?

gnome has been here a while and is a helpful and respectful guy.

Anyone who brings up molestation for no reason whatsoever is clearly disturbed.

The facts are well documented here. Who knows why these people are getting all hysterical when someone disses MSFT. It's not like MSFT's errors over the years aren't a matter of fact. Also, it's not like they haven't been sued and lost countless times.

#28     Feb 25, 2007
  9. Same here. In fact, if I will not even consider going for Vista unless I'm able to switch of the eye-candy, which is the first thing I'll do (and did on every install of XP I did).

Ursa..

#29     Feb 25, 2007
  10. Interesting topic but unfortunately it seems people here are getting a bit too nervous so I close it

#30     Feb 26, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.