Maybe FORGET VISTA Altogether?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by gnome, Feb 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gnome

gnome

This is the height of Microsoft greed. Personally, I hope Vista turns out to be a bigger turkey than W98ME and Microsoft chokes on it!

Let's hope EVERY software maker tools up a Linux* version so that we can all tell Microsoft to just GO TO HELL!

FWIW... I'm not a Linux fan, either

#11     Feb 25, 2007
  2. Admittedly it's hard getting used to Linux environments after years of MS immersion.

But since MS hates Linux so much it must be good, right?:cool:

#12     Feb 25, 2007
  3. 9999

Agree.
    Using W95 & W98, people had no choice: you had to upgrade, since there was no way you could work the whole day without rebooting several times, systems freezing when you needed them the most, etc.
    W2k and XP are actually pretty stable, if you take care of them.
    Why fixing something that it's not broken?

#13     Feb 25, 2007
  4. The same can be said of Office, but what I have seen so far of Office 2007, I am looking forward to using that product.

So while the eye candy stuff is negotiable, I think a product like Office, when improved, is well worth the upgrade. I guess it also depends on how much you use it. If you don't do much on windows and/or Office, then the upgrades may not seem like a big deal. I spend a lot of time on Office, so any time it becomes easier to use the product, I am all for it. Good thing is you can upgrade to Office 2007 and still keep Windows XP.

#14     Feb 25, 2007
  5. Neet

Neet

I wish Tradestation had a native version for OS/X or even Linux.

That's the only thing holding me right now from ditching XP.

#15     Feb 25, 2007
  6. syrre

syrre

Im still running on w2k, and no need at all for upgrade.
    XP was made so that even retarded people could watch youtube, write their blogs and download mp3s.

#16     Feb 25, 2007
  7. Prove it. Unless you can show us a link that you are a liar and a trouble maker.

Dont' start false rumors. It isn't nice.

Windows Vienna is not official. It is a rumor that that Vienna is the name of the next operating system. But it probably won't be released for another five years from now. Just like how it took Vista five years to come public after XP was released. Windows Vienna is just a rumor.

Waiting for Vienna makes as much sense and not buying a VCR 10 years ago because you heard that VCR's were going to be replace by DVD players. So then you don't watch movies for 10 years and wait for the DVD player to come out. Or not buying a bulky black and white television 40 years ago because you heard they are going to be replaced by color Plasma light and thin televisions in the future. So you do without TV for 40 years and wait for the better one. Or not buying a computer monitor 5 years ago because you heard they are going to be replaced with thin LCD flat panel monitors that take up less room on your desk.

Everybody should upgrade to Windows Vista. And when the next operating system comes out, then you should upgrade to that one and forget about the older one. The older operating systems are a hackers paradise. They can't get into Windows Vista. Upgrade to Vista.

#17     Feb 25, 2007
  8. http://www.247wallst.com/2007/02/the_next_versio.html
    Word has been circulating for several days that Microsoft (MSFT) is already well along in work on the OS that will come after Vista.

Steve Ballmer has promised that future Windows versions will not take the five years to develop that Vista did.

Late word from The Inquirer is that Microsoft is trying to downplay speculation about the release date of Vienna. But, the consensus among rumors is that two-and-a-half years is about right.

http://techdigest.tv/2007/02/microsoft_looks.html
    Ever forward-looking, Microsoft is already murmuring about its post-Vista plans. Given that it took so long for Vista to arrive, and that key features were left out in order to hit deadlines, that's not too surprising.

Come 2009, we could have "Vienna" - at least that's the code name for the next incarnation of Windows.

http://www.eetimes.com/news/latest/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=197005329
    Microsoft customers and business partners should expect to have Vienna in their hands in two to two-and-a-half years, said Ben Fathi, VP of development in Microsoft's operating system group, according to a story published Friday by the IDG News Service. But what will be included is still very much an open question.

http://www.tech2.com/india/news/windows-software/microsofts-next-os-vienna-expected-in-2009/4203/0
    According to PC World, 2009 is the year when we can expect the release of the follow-up to Windows Vista, which is codenamed Vienna.

http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=6053
    Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer has already proclaimed that there is "More where that came from" when it comes to operating systems. According to PC World, 2009 is when we can expect more "wow" from Microsoft. During that year, Microsoft is expected to release the follow-up to Windows Vista which is codenamed Vienna.

Need more links? :D

#18     Feb 25, 2007
  9. syrre

syrre

lol

#19     Feb 25, 2007
  10. Neet

Neet

Not sure about him but I'm good :)

#20     Feb 25, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.