Max's Shrink

Discussion in 'Politics' started by max401, Feb 27, 2003.

1. You miss the point. The NYT, the WP, NPR, all liberal news sources, have less liberal viewers/readership then conservative. It's not that liberals read the NYT, they apparently don't read news anywhere near as much as conservatives, regardless of the political leanings of the source. You, like the majority of liberals, are simply uninformed about the politics that you rant on about.

#11     Feb 27, 2003
  2. maxpi

maxpi

Same old garbage, Liberals are smarter therefore they should be put in charge. They were in charge of Russia for decades, everything they did worked so great!!

Max

#12     Feb 27, 2003
  3. "American" issue? So, its between Americans and non-Americans? What are you babbling about?

You want the removal of SH. How ya going to do it? Please explain.

#13     Feb 27, 2003
  4. Yes, it would appear to be Americans v. some non-Americans.

And the way to accomplish our goal is by any means necessary (which is different than "any means possible")

And what makes you so convinced that I am a liberal Max? After all our sessions you should know I am not a party line guy one way or the other.

I greatly admire many conservatives. And find many liberals deplorable. And the inverse is true of that as well.

I take it issue by issue. As we all should. This is why you are in therapy with me. It isn't that you are wrong. It is that you believe anyone who disagrees with you is wrong.

Tuesday. Usual place, usual time.

Dr. S.

#14     Feb 27, 2003
  5. "Docktor," I think you better check in with your own therapist. In the meantime: What is your solution to the SH problem?

#15     Feb 27, 2003
  6. I resent the "Docktor" moniker, but yes, indeed I do have my own regularly scheduled sessions. My job is more stressful than any other, as you well know. And I look forward to the valuable times spent in therapy, as I know you do.

My solution is exactly as I have said. To do what is necessary. I am not a military or political strategist. But there are fine minds working on the problem, and I have faith in our government. I thought you did as well. Am I mistaken?

Dr. S.

#16     Feb 27, 2003
  7. And how does your version of "To do what is necessary." relate to the current method being promoted by our elected administration?

#17     Feb 27, 2003
  8. Max, I don't pretend to truly know what "method" is being "promoted" by our "elected?" administration. I know what they advertise. But I do not know their true strategy. Nor should I. For if I did, then the "enemy" would know as well.

Perhaps you feel differently. We are entitled to our opinions. Right of wrong. Makes me proud to be an American. Don't you feel the same way regarding this issue?

Threatening an invasion may be a tactic in itself. No sane person actually wants a war if the objectives can be accomplished without unneeded bloodshed. Maybe the threat is all we really need. I for one hope so, but I also understand that I am not qualified to know what will and will not work. You do?

This threat has been going on for 19 months. So far, no invasion. Maybe your hero Dubai is less bloodthirsty than you think. And smarter than I gave him credit for. And Colin Powell is one of my heroes. I trust his judgement to an extreme. I have met the man, and he is a true patriot and a most competent statesman.

We shall see. So far though, no war has started, and thankfully no American troops have been put in harms way.

Don't forget Tuesday in my office.

Fondly,
    Dr. S.

#18     Feb 27, 2003
  9. So you agree with these Democratic politicians?

Tom Daschle was ablaze with war fever. Daschle said: "This is a time to send Saddam Hussein as clear a message as we know how to send that we will not tolerate the broken promises and the tremendous acceleration of development of weapons that we've seen time and time again in Iraq."

Madeleine Albright said: "Month after month, we have given Iraq chance after chance to move from confrontation to cooperation, and we have explored and exhausted every diplomatic action. We will see now whether force can persuade Iraq's misguided leaders to reverse course and to accept at long last the need to abide by the rule of law and the will of the world.

#19     Feb 28, 2003
  10. Make no mistake about it. If Saddam doesn't exile himself or is not removed internally, we are going to invade Iraq.

Earlier in this crisis Powell, your hero, was the lone dovish voice in the hierarchy. Clearly he has been convinced that diplomacy is no longer a reasonable solution.

What will your response be when we do indeed attack?

#20     Feb 28, 2003