Maxed out credit card.

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by glenjohnson, May 14, 2006.

1. That's the best advice/post I have seen in awhile. Hopefully, some total newbies will see this.

Borrowing to trade = Failure for 95+% of traders, just dumb.

#41     May 15, 2006
  2. I like many ES's posts. If you are gonna do something like this, check out the Gambler Anonymous's site first. Are you really interested in being part of that family?

#42     May 15, 2006
  3. my first trade... LA GEAR--LA was funded by a 2500.00 cash advance on visa in 1990. did it work out, yeah. was it a smart move---no. but you gotta do what you gotta do......

surfer

#43     May 15, 2006
  4. Not a very smart thing you just said. Education is not the reason for somebody's losses in daytrading. Education never hurt anybody. Lack of education is what hurts people.
    You my friend need to get an education if you continute making ridiculous public statements like that on public forums.

#44     May 15, 2006
  5. I think 1+1=2 type of thinking can hurt. Computer science major does train me into thinking like that. Now everything is just more of a working hypothesis... hopefully... :(

#45     May 15, 2006
  6. volente_00

volente_00

The balance transfer thing is a good deal. I have a cousin who used the checks to get 50k at 0 % for year and he put it in a money market account and paid the min from the interest and made about $150 a month profit for the year. I know a another guy who cash advanced 250 k and starting making huge bets in biotech and tech Needless to say he ended up having to file chapter 7.

#46     May 15, 2006
  7. Chapter 7 is harder to get these days...So readers don't be thinkin' its just a crap-shoot.

#47     May 15, 2006
  8. Adobian

Adobian

Thanks, you understood me. Some other id.... didn't. I went to the same university, same major, same year with that guy. He was a close friend of mine. Knowing how smart and logical he was, I didn't doubt much of his words.

#48     May 15, 2006
  9. Adobian

Adobian

How difficult ?

I think it depends on your income. If your income proves that you can pay monthly payments, you can't file chapter 7.

#49     May 15, 2006
  10. Its just harder than before...I do not want to hijack this thread...each State has the median income figures to use...there are more bk13's than 7's now...

Besides why would you want to live like a "second class citizen" for several years, just for a short lived crap-shoot?

It just doesn't work the way it does in your dreams...

Michael B.

#50     May 15, 2006