MAX. Contract size on ES

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by ggoyal, Oct 30, 2008.

1. this is truly amzing...thanks for your honesty. Man, I am trading 1-2 right now.

#11     Oct 30, 2008
  2. again...man...20 contracts and 10 ES points...thats $10,000 per 1- point ES move!!!

#12     Oct 30, 2008
  3. Your outlook is skewed. 20 contracts intraday is $10,000 margin. Each point is $50.. 20 x $50 = $1000 or a 10% return on exposure per point. $10K - 100% return on exposure at 10 point exit.

Holding overnight is another story... $120K exposure for 20 contracts.

#13     Oct 30, 2008
  4. ggoyal

ggoyal

ummmm, it's actually $1000 per point. 20*50*1=1000

#14     Oct 30, 2008
  5. ggoyal

ggoyal

yeah, i have stopped looking at % returns and all that. no value for me now.

anyway, when i used to look at overnight trading and start the day, i always would then form biases inmy mind(unavoidable). so i don't look at that. definitely better performance. i also look at only last day OHLC for S/R. can't have 20 different lines. i don't use DOM either, just chart, S/R, trendlines.

#15     Oct 30, 2008
  6. yea, yea guys...I meant to say per "10 ES point move"....not per 1 ES point move...I know that is only $1,000

#16     Oct 31, 2008
  7. Lewcifer

Lewcifer

You ask for real answers, yet you fail to ask a concise and specific question.

Have you studied basic economics, and can you elaborate on the theory of supply and demand? If so, then you'd understand that market liquidity varies from moment to moment, and that order depth (and bid/ask data) determines fill rates and availability. With that in mind, your question makes no sense, because multiple answers apply...

Answer #1 - I have been unable to have even one contract filled at all while the market was closed.

Answer #2 - I have been unable to have even one contract filled without slippage during the night market when order depth at current price was one and someone else's order was queued ahead of mine.

Answer #3 - I have been able to have all contracts filled during periods of heavy trading, when my fill target (for a buy) was entered in an advancing market, or when my fill target (for a sell) was entered in a declining market.

I hope the above helps you understand the ambiguity of your question.

#17     Nov 7, 2008
  8. veggen

veggen

No offence dude, but no need to act like that was such a freeking hard question to answer.

- 2 answers would do just fine, 1 for RTH hours, and 1 for the rest..

Answer #1 - I have been unable to have even one contract filled at all while the market was closed.

Was that an attempt to be funny?

#18     Nov 7, 2008
  9. Answer #3 has it backwards. You get your sells filled without slippage in an advancing market and your buys filled without slippage in an declining market. In those situations, if the market is moving fast enough you can get slippage in your favor.

#19     Nov 7, 2008
  10. Lewcifer

Lewcifer

It demonstrated the vagueness and ambiguity of the proposed question.

#20     Nov 7, 2008