Mav's Combine Proposition

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by Maverick74, Sep 7, 2012.

1. actually the NFL combine is at the end of February before the April Draft and all the top college players are invited.

#11     Sep 7, 2012
  2. Maverick74

Maverick74

Right, but most of the guys are not going to get drafted. But you are right, it's also for guys looking to move up in the draft and increase their stock.

#12     Sep 7, 2012
  3. Brass

Brass

Great thread, Mav.

#13     Sep 7, 2012
  4. Crispy

Crispy

Mav - I am a person who has struggled trading on my own hook. I have the uncanny ability to provide good analysis, with tgts and stops.... provided I am not in the trade. Once my money is as stake I suck, no better way to put it. I have even been paid WELL for my calls. This has been an ongoing issue for me for a long time.

Basically I feel I need a re-programming of sorts and I would pay the 1500 for a 6 month build out easily. Everything you laid out sounds fair and proper in my eyes. The hypothetical makes sense..

My .001...

Crispy.

#14     Sep 7, 2012
  5. nkhoi

nkhoi

same with golf, combine event lets college coaches pick out their prospective players

#15     Sep 7, 2012
  6. If it was "lady" traders only you could call it "Amatuers Night" at the Traders Top Club. LOL!

#16     Sep 7, 2012
  7. Datradr

Datradr

Hey Mav,

I have been reading ET for years and have been a proprietary trader for 3 years..although now I am trading in a different capacity. I have read many of your emails and respect your thoughts on trading.

I don't see how this would be profitable for the owner as you said you are taking a 35K risk...but even if you assume you only lose 5-10K when the trader fails AND maybe 1 in 10 will be succesful..that would mean you could easily be losing 30-40K on the failed traders and then then your 1 of 10 success will have to atleast make that much for you to cover your losses....

So not a great deal...I think it needs tweaking...one thing might be an actual screening process with proper interviews etc...not just signing up almost anyone ...try to stay clear of the all or nothing attitude type traders who dont give a crap about losing $1,500 to you cuz they would have opportunity to GO big and potentially make a lot...but most likely blow up and get stopped out.

#17     Sep 7, 2012
  8. I'll bet they underestimated the upfront amounts-Acceptable from candidates-- I would think most would try this at $1000 entry.

#18     Sep 7, 2012
  9. Maverick74

Maverick74

Yeah I agree. I was hoping that once you get a guy to go through this 6 month process he would at "least" be able to become a scratch trader. But there are many guys who have "performance anxiety" who might always do well on the combines and simply melt under the pressure of real trading.

I was hoping that by taking 50% of the p&l out at the end of the month that some guys would get streaky and make some money and it would allow be to lock in some p&l. I was trying to be flexible by extending this two years. Maybe I do an automatic three strikes your out rule. Cut the loss to 5k and allow the trader to lose 3 times. That maxes my risk at 15k. Also remove the 1500 payback on the first 3k. I need to keep that. LOL.

#19     Sep 7, 2012
  10. How do you do on a demo account?

#20     Sep 7, 2012