Mav's Christmas trees

Discussion in 'Options' started by Maverick74, Dec 20, 2003.

1. %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

Interesting the way different traders think and write or think & swim;

Maverick i mistakenly thought were going to mention the green upside bias [ shaped like evergreen tree] the next 2 or 3 months & around Christmas in particular.

And since you mentioned risk;
    buying index calls does look like medium high $ risk - but longer than front month index calls looks interesting because of evergreen upward seasonal tendencys.:cool:

Merry Christmas & prosperous candle-Charts.:cool:

#21     Dec 22, 2003
  2. I'd like to second this. This is the kind of options education that people pay thousands for, and it's free here. It's also useful to get different opinions on a strategy. Thanks guys.

#22     Dec 22, 2003
  3. Maverick74

Maverick74

F*ck man. You mean I could be charging for this stuff. Wonderful, now you tell me that.

Have a good holiday everyone.

And keep the discussions alive. There are no dumb questions only dumb traders.

#23     Dec 22, 2003

4. Shut up already AAA ... Mav is going to start touting seminars now! :)

Damn ...

#24     Dec 22, 2003
  5. It pays to give away;
    ask William J. O 'Neill.:cool:

#25     Dec 25, 2003
  6. Prevail

Prevail Guest

Mav, just perusing old threads, thanks for the time you have into this place.

#26     Jun 28, 2007
  7. Hello,

Interesting idea but why do it with straddles and strangles?

Why not buy jan 50 call, sell june 55 call and june 60 call. That way if stock dives/vol rises it doesn't hurt so much because the short calls become even more OTM. No risk to the downside-isn't it preferable when you sell more options than you buy?

K'cac

#27     Jun 28, 2007