Maverick's stunt.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by spect8or, Apr 28, 2004.

1. "Candletrader, your time is running out. I've given Baron till 5pm eastern time to close this thread or you can close it."

Yeah, I guess you're right. I don't how I could have possibly gotten the idea that you were threatening baron.

(I guess I forgot that Candle could have just clicked the "Close This Thread" button. You know, the one next to umm....where is it again?)

#21     Apr 28, 2004
  2. Maverick74

Maverick74

I'll tell you what. Why don't you e-mail Baron and ask him yourself. I sent Baron a PM today around 3 pm and you ask him if I threatened him. How is that? Enough of this he said she said crap. Just go right to the source.

When I said I'll give Baron to 5pm that was in reference to Candletrader closing the thread by 5. If he didn't I wanted Baron to close it. Man, it seems like I have said this now 10 times. Am I not speaking the right language?

I PMed both Baron and Candletrader. I asked Candletrader to close the thread by 5pm. I also asked Baron to close the thread if Candletrader would not do it himself. Jesus man, this is not rocket science. And why did I want the thread closed? Because he started a hateful thread whose only purpose was to incite hate. Yeah, that's what we need more of around here. Sure thing. In fact Baron said he is so tired of these threads that he is going to shut down chit chat. Those were his words, not mine. These threads are getting really old. Freedom of speech is one thing, making racist and insensitive remarks is quite another.

#22     Apr 28, 2004

3. Who the fuck are you to go around delivering ultimatums to Baron about threads whose content you dislike? That is the point.

How the fuck was Candletrader supposed to close down his own thread? (Please note the time of your threats.)

And why did I want the thread closed? Because he started a hateful thread whose only purpose was to incite hate.

Mav, you may want to stop whatever substance you are abusing.

"OK guys.

We got weapons of mass destruction, so if a country sends one of their guys over to punish us for having weapons of mass destruction, what do you think would be the reaction of the Civilized World?

For example, what if a guy sets off a dirty bomb in down town NYC?

Would d'ya reckon the Civilized World would think?"

Yup, reads just like what I'd write if I wanted to incite a bit of hate. Very hateful stuff. Yup, very hateful. Very racist too.

I can see why you demanded this thread be closed. Yes sir.

Yeah, that's what we need more of around here. Sure thing. In fact Baron said he is so tired of these threads that he is going to shut down chit chat.

Dude, it's not a matter of what "we" need. Are you going to assume you speak for all of us, you arrogant schmuk?

If Baron wants to change the rules, fine, it's his right. But up to now, there was nothing in what Candle posted to warrant closing his thread.

Freedom of speech is one thing, making racist and insensitive remarks is quite another.

Er, no dude. That is freedom of speech. And to the extent that they are "insensitive" and "racist", I couldn't think of a less sensitive place to make them then on a clubby traders' chit chat forum.

#23     Apr 28, 2004
  4. Maverick74

Maverick74

#24     Apr 28, 2004
  5. Where did I deliver an ultimatum? I never did. Do you have the right guy? All I did was asked Candletrader to delete his thread. That's an ultimatum? LOL. OK dude, whatever.

Lol. What a wanker you are Mav.

Candle, close your thread or I'll call the FBI on you! (Do you even go back and read the ridiculous crap you write?)

Then you go and get baron involved. Ask him to close the thread by 5pm. And lo and behold, the thread gets closed? Why? Because of your amazingly persuasive reasoning? Yeah right.

"One, close this thread. Two, notify federal authorities of this thread. I'm dead serious. Baron as the moderator you have a responsibility here not just an obligation. If you won't do it, I'll do it for you."

No, no ultimatums there, you're right. It's not like Baron doesn't have enough on his plate without having to deal with your frantic howling about getting the FBI to investigate his site. So he went and closed the thread. But no Mav, your hands are completely clean in all this. Gimme a break.

How the fuck was Candletrader supposed to close down his own thread? (Please note the time of your threats.)
    It's very easy, there is a delete button when you go back to edit your thread. It's really not that hard.

So I see you didn't do as I suggested and checked the timing of your request to Candle? Which happened at 1.20eastern. And you do know that deleting a thread 60 minutes after posting isn't possible?

What kind of prescription are you on dude? Get a grip. You are totally making this into something more then it is. He started a thread, I asked him to close it. That's it. If I didn't know any better I would think WWIII started or something.

See the wanker comment above.

Seriously mav, I hope your options trading works out for you, because you have no hope as a spin doctor.

According to you, demanding that candletrader closes his thread on pain of being reported to the FBI (I'm still laughing) and telling Baron that he has an obligation to close the thread is merely "he started a thread, I asked him to close it". I see.

And do me a favor. Go to the search button and type in candletrader and bomb and read some of his posts then get back to me. I clearly stated that his hate speech was not just in that post but in several hundred posts he has over the last year or so. Why don't you read some of them before you attack me again. Thanks for coming out.

Who cares!

That's the point.

As far as I was aware, nobody had to get clearance from you before being able to post.

#25     Apr 28, 2004
  6. mav needs to be banned

#26     Apr 28, 2004
  7. I spent 3 years as an IDF soldier in Ketziot prison camp, which housed about 5,000 REAL terrorists, back when I served in the early 90's.

I've had thousands of political/religious/ philosophical discussions with Hamas/PLO-fatah-shabiba/PFLP/ Islamic Jihad terrorists. I know the inner workings of a terrorist's mind like you wouldn't believe. I know exactly how they think, what they want, when they lie, what they dream of, how they ass-rape and torture their fellow arabs, and why they blow themselves up.

I can say with 100% certainty that <b>Candletrader is not a terrorist, and poses no terroristic threat whatsoever to anyone.</b> Just so you know.

#27     Apr 28, 2004
  8. I thought Mav was tangling with Waggie.

This must be a new tangle.

Oh well, a man has to do what a man has to do I guess.

Hang in there, Mav!

to <-- (working on being "nice." - how do you like it?)

#28     Apr 28, 2004
  9. I just scroll through worthless threads like this looking for MTC posts - at least she's clever reading.

#29     Apr 28, 2004
  10. dam i didnt know that when you lose a thread your post count takes a hit too dam :-/

#30     Apr 28, 2004