Maverick Vs Don Bright

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by Maverick74, Apr 7, 2012.

1. hitnrun

hitnrun

you started this thread for some self serving reason. who really cares
    the whole world knows your now with bright . you can't beat them then join them. lol

#51     Apr 8, 2012
  2. hitnrun

hitnrun

i thought you knew how to read in between the lines lol.
    the commissions have to get rebated back to offset the payout is my guess

#52     Apr 8, 2012
  3. Mav averages 3.83 posts per day....you'll never win in trying to shout him down because he will ALWAYS come back ad infinitum just to have the last word.....

I simply decided not to engage him after our little spat because I have better stuff to do with my time...I would suggest not getting into a tit for tat with him...

#53     Apr 8, 2012
  4. Maverick74

Maverick74

Such as trolling on this thread. LOL.

#54     Apr 8, 2012

5. Since you posted the commisson structure, one thing to note is that Echo debits the trader for the commission plus the ECN fee for taking liquidity on each trade, even if the trader ADDED liquidity. Echo then calculates the ECN rebates and credits the account the following month for the number of trades where the trader added liquidity in the prior month. This may be due to their arrangement with Merrill, and I'm not sure if this has changed after they switched their SRO from the PHLX to CSX.

CBSX firms pass through the ECN rebates for closed trades on a DAILY basis, which of course allows the trader to view their daily p&l inclusive of all rebates.

Although the net result is the same, and those who keep larger balances may not even care. This not a negative reflection of Echo, it's just pointing out how a firm calculates its fees.

#55     Apr 8, 2012
  6. Also, there are intangible benefits to having a Series 7 vs. a Series 56, especially if one is to pursue other avenues in the financial sector.

In terms of how long firms have been around, Hold Brothers and Chimera both also have solid reputations and with 10+ years in the business.

#56     Apr 8, 2012
  7. Mav - is the SEC/FINRA satisfied with the licensing requirement and the sub 100% payout requirments, or are even stronger regulations coming?

#57     Apr 8, 2012
  8. where is the chicago bright office located? Don you doing the spring retreat this yr? seems you have done this the last few yrs in May

#58     Apr 8, 2012
  9. Maverick74

Maverick74

CBOE building in Goldman's space.

#59     Apr 8, 2012
  10. Maverick74

Maverick74

Who knows. Honestly they have done a great job of killing the industry. There is not much left of it.

#60     Apr 8, 2012