Maverick Vs Don Bright

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by Maverick74, Apr 7, 2012.

1. Maverick74

Maverick74

Echo's deal was not as good and they no longer have a Chicago office. That was a deal killer.

#11     Apr 8, 2012
  2. loogling

loogling

Hey Maverick74, what about the option of switching to another Chicago futures firm that doesn't have the problem at its core? Will you still trade futures or mainly stocks and some options from this point?

I'm thinking of venturing into futures, but you're doing the opposite. It would be interesting to read your future comments on this experience. Good luck in 2012.

#12     Apr 8, 2012
  3. Maverick74

Maverick74

As I've said many times before on the prop forums, I really don't see the value in trading futures for a prop firm if you are not trading the basis or some HFT strategy. I have no interest in "working" for a firm. You get 20 to 1 leverage in a retail account trading futures. And that's for overnight! You can get 100 to 1 intra-day! That's insane and I see no reason why I would want to add even more leverage to that.

So yes, I will continue to trade options and futures in a retail account. But this equity strategy is better served in a prop account for the reasons I mentioned before. I think there is a lot of edge in this space for several reasons that I don't want to go into here.

If things go well at Bright, I might form a group there and would consider backing traders. I'm working with another trader in that office now from the ACD thread.

#13     Apr 8, 2012
  4. rmorse

rmorse Sponsor

ACD thread?

#14     Apr 8, 2012
  5. Maverick74

Maverick74

#15     Apr 8, 2012
  6. jnbadger

jnbadger

Now I understand the switch. Believe it or not, I think you and I may be on the same page.

#16     Apr 8, 2012
  7. H2O

H2O

Aside from your ´need´to trade from an office, was there any specific reason not to join the Canadian branch (Pairco) You mentioned your ETF pairs strategy and as far as I´m aware this would fit in perfectly with the Pairco guys...

I´m sure Bright will be ble to facilitate the same options in every office, but surely being around people trading related strategies can be an advantage..

#17     Apr 8, 2012
  8. lwlee

lwlee

I must have missed something. Thought you were out of the game? I remember the thread that said you were going into developing software and quitting trading.

#18     Apr 8, 2012
  9. Maverick74

Maverick74

I think you have me confused with somebody else. I have trouble re-booting my computer much less developing software. LOL. Let's put it this way. I'm the last guy on this entire website that would develop software. Hell man, I'll build a car before I develop software and here's a hint, I don't know shit about cars either. LOL.

#19     Apr 8, 2012
  10. Maverick74

Maverick74

I've talked to Rob. Those guys are not doing what we are doing. And besides, they are under Bright. So it would just be a matter of would I want to move to Vancouver. And no, I really don't want to.

#20     Apr 8, 2012