Maverick Trading, Any Experiences?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by Antihero1776, Feb 20, 2012.

1. Any new news on Maverick?

#31     Aug 7, 2016
  2. Been with Maverick since December 2016. I love everything about them. I got into Forex after buying some really bad EAs. Decided I wanted to learn to manual trade. I chose Maverick because they seemed to be the only firm out there with an education program. Took me a little while demo trading before I was successful and safe enough to be offered live trading. No series 7 or other license is required. All they care about is that you are safe and have good risk management and money management skills. The education was great. The two guys Robb Reinhold and Corey Haliday are great mentors. There is a great video library as well as 2 live meetings a week and Live news trading. I have really nothing bad to say about them. If you are new to trading this is a great firm. If you have been trading with firms before you will probably find a firm that gives you more up front capital allocation. Maverick costs 1500$ for educational program. 200$ a month desk fees and account management fees. 2000$ risk deposit (which they will give back to you in 6 months) first they will match your 2000$ with their 2000$ for an account size of 4,000. if you are profitable in the first 30 days they will bump it to 10,000. from there, every 2 months you are consistently profitable you will move up to the next levels. level 2 is 20,000. level 3 is 40,000 level 4 is 60,000 level 5 is 150,000 level 6 is 300,000. I was offered a position live trading last month and I'm about to give them my risk deposit so I'll be able to give some more information on funding next month. But overall I loved the education. Learned alot. I made 27% on my demo account so far for October risking only 2% per trade. And the mentors at maverick are extremely knowledgeable. Diana in support has also been great and very responsive as well as Jon Frolich and Vincent Tong taking their time to meet online with me once every two weeks to go over my trades. I can't say enough good things about the staff at the firm. I think this has been the best investment in my trading career so far. I know you guys really only want to hear about their funding ability :) More to come...

#32     Oct 17, 2016
  3. Bekim

Bekim

Thanks for the input, I have an interview tomorrow

#33     Oct 17, 2016
  4. dealmaker

dealmaker

I am guessing you mean December 2015?

#34     Oct 17, 2016
  5. Yes thanks. Since dec 2015

#35     Oct 18, 2016
  6. Bekim

Bekim

I talked to them, there is a $6000 upfront fee for education for the options trading part of there firm, then once you go live there is a $5000 risk deposit and $200 monthly fees. Every 2 months your account gets evaluated and if profitable they increase your buying power. There is no limit to what your buying power can be increased too.
    I am a profitable trader on my own, but it is hard to grow your account, control your risk and pay for bill's at the same time unless you have a large account. Does anyone have any better ideas for getting access to more capital?

#36     Oct 19, 2016
  7. dealmaker

dealmaker

That is what I had thought $11k....and I am guessing if you were to lose anything close to $5k you will be terminated...IE fabulous business model for them...Try FundSeeder...

#37     Oct 19, 2016
  8. Bekim

Bekim

I tried fund-seeder but have a hard time getting my account activated. Anyone else have any luck?

#38     Oct 19, 2016