Maverick Trading, Any Experiences?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by Antihero1776, Feb 20, 2012.

1. By far the biggest difference is access to firm buying power. With retail you are capped at 4 to 1 intraday based on your own equity (more if you qualify for portfolio margin), whereas with prop you'll get around 20 to 1 standard, since you are trading the firm's account, not your own personal account.

However, you mentioned SIPC in the other thread. That's one thing where retail trumps prop, since your funds are SIPC protected within limits, whereas with prop your capital is subject to the risks of the firm, and does NOT offer SIPC protection.

#11     Mar 11, 2012
  2. dealmaker

dealmaker

They have a book out, why not read it i.e. as far as their training and if their style suits you then you can make a decision coupled with responses you will be receiving.

#12     Mar 11, 2012
  3. dealmaker

dealmaker

I think they do require series 7 to trade there, therefore they must
    be regulated by FINRA and the exchange they are associated with....

#13     Mar 11, 2012
  4. hitnrun

hitnrun

#14     Mar 11, 2012
  5. HELP WANTED

Maverivk TRading is looking for anyone with at leat a 5th grade education to proof read our sales literature and correvt any typogrfical and gramerical mstakes. We pay you on how many mstakes you find and corect.

(5k deposit required)

#15     Mar 11, 2012
  6. Yeah I was actually more interested in MaverickFX who seem to advertsing for prop traders. You don't need the 7 to do forex business, you need the series 3 & 34.

So is this just another education scam but now for forex?

It still says that you "buy in" to thr firm and get paid out on a k1?

Does anyone have experience dealing with MaverickFX specifically?

#16     Mar 11, 2012
  7. which trading platform do you use? are you prop? i have enough cash to cover my buying power needs. a lot of these places want a profit split too if they know you are profitable. i feel like the prop firms make it seem great to get on board but try and nickle and dime you the rest of the way. also ive seen some pretty expensive "software" fees and "education" fees - which are probably just bogus ways of being able to take customer deposits. i cant risk the shop being shut down and not having access to my funds are losing them all together.

#17     Mar 11, 2012
  8. Maverick74

Maverick74

Here is a current ad being run by this firm:

With another great year behind the firm, premier proprietary trading firm, Maverick Trading is expanding operations and is seeking stock/options traders in the Greater Chicago area. Traders will trade with firm capital and benefit from training, supervision, mentoring, and guidance rarely found in the industry. Maverick Trading is an award-winning firm with a trading methodology so successful that it sparked publication of a critically acclaimed book on trading and was published by a Big 6 Publishing Firm.

Maverick's proprietary investment system concentrates primarily on swing and position trades. This is not day trading. Both new and experienced traders are welcome to apply and the firm will support both full time and part time traders.

Maverick's trading methodology and risk controls have produced well over 250 points of alpha since the beginning of 2008.

Maverick's Capital Sharing Program systematically increases the amount of firm capital traders have access to based on consistency of performance. Prior trading experience is helpful, but not necessary. The firm seeks motivated people with a math/finance/economics background that we can teach to manage and control the risks of the financial marketplace. A college degree is recommended but not necessary.

Maverick offers its traders a revolutionary and unparalleled compensation structure with the firm's traders keeping up to 80% of profits. The firm's most successful and experienced traders can make up to $20,000 per month. Maverick's philosophy is that our traders are the firm's greatest asset and we have aligned our business structure so that the firm is successful only when its traders are profitable.

Maverick offers all traders unprecedented and ongoing training, mentoring and support in a collegial environment.

#18     Mar 11, 2012
  9. Brass

Brass

Any relation?

#19     Mar 11, 2012
  10. Maverick74

Maverick74

No relation or affiliation.

#20     Mar 11, 2012